[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright Anon's. First thread I've made since '08.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1457884539340.jpg (58 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1457884539340.jpg
58 KB, 640x360
Alright Anon's. First thread I've made since '08.

Need some advice or some shit or just standard 4chan faggotry I guess.

I've been with 4 different chicks, and 2 guys.

Was married once for 7 years. I was a virgin, she was my first relationship. She cheated, stole money, even lied about birth control to have a kid screw me into the relationship.
So I cheated on her. Sometimes with guys, sometimes with girls just depends.

Got divorced after I finally grew a pair of balls and she gets nothing. No custody, no money, Nada.

Now I've actually found someone I care about, that treats me the way I want to be treated, but I can't stop fucking around and don't want to fuck it up with this new girl.

So Tl;Dr, y can't b monogamous, people that got fucked up by romance.
>>
>people that got fucked up by romance
to me it sound more like you haven been fucked up long before you started your first "reltionship". you should have done some maturing before commiting.have you ever been to therapy? it seems like you have some SERIOUS intimacy issues. if not, strongly consider giving it a try. it might be a wise move to wait with getting into a new realtionship untill you get your shit together.
>>
>>16911238
Appreciate the reply but you have me pegged wrong.

Was I fucked up before the relationship? Yeah. I was raped by my dad when I was 8.

However I never cheated until the last year of the marriage when I was finally done with it and wanted a divorce.

I tried marriage counseling with her and she couldn't seem to keep her legs together or her hands out of my wallet. Not to mention that she got addicted to drugs.

Did I mention I was a pastor before all of this?

Did I mention I've been divorced for the last 4 years and have grown accustomed to the single lifestyle?

I've followed what society thinks is expected of a good husband to the letter.

What I'm asking is, how do you come back from that?

How does one "get their shit together"?

And are there other people that despite their best efforts that have had their idea of what love should be completely crushed?
>>
>>16911272
>I was raped by my dad when I was 8.
> finally done
>have grown accustomed to the single lifestyle?
>I've followed what society thinks is expected of a good husband

Case closed. You see anon, i knew from your op that you got molested or had an abusive/neglecting/addicted parent.
you DO have intimacy issues. the fact that you where "finally done" with your marraige indicated that it wasn't a pleasant experience which also adds to me believing that this wasn't going to work out in the first place. sure, it wasn't only YOUR fault, i'm not saying it was! But you have choosen the wrong girl to even begin with, which also indicated an inability to have a healthy realtionship.
growing accustomed to the single lifestyle does NOT equal "maturing" in any way you turn it. not even close OP...
What society thinks is "expected" of a "good" husband might not be what works in YOUR relationship, let alonre the fact that you did those things because they where "expected" instead of doing them because you wanted to.

>How does one "get their shit together"?
acknoledge that you have not a single clue about how relationships work. then you start to learn the basics of how humans work, how relationships work, how personal development works and so on. then you slowly start to incorporate this knowledge into your life, testing what works for you and what doesn't. it's trial and error and it's something you should have been doing as a kid/teen with the guidance of your parents. you aren't to blame that you haven't had this help. your parents are. but blaming isn't going to help you in any way. just know where it comes from so you can try to do some damage controle.
>>
>>16911222
Knew you'd be back :^)
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.