[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need travel advice. I'm planning on seeing someone and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
I need travel advice. I'm planning on seeing someone and I need the cheapest way to get from Dallas, Texas to Traverse City, Michigan, or conversely Traverse to Dallas. It would only be for a weekend, since I'm in college and I can't miss classes.

There was an original plan to bring her here for a week, but there's not a place for her to stay for the duration (and the college campus doesn't allow people who aren't enrolled to stay overnight).

It can't be this weekend, but the weekend after would work (or anytime as well after), and I need the cheapest route, be it getting a plane halfway there and then taking a bus the rest of the way, or vice versa. I don't have a car.
>>
you need to figure that out for yourself man. I mean I could go to travelocity and amtrak and greyhound's websites and look up the various fares and shit, but you could do that yourself just as easily.

if you only have a week's notice, though, just know that everything you look at will be expensive because it's short notice. also you should take into account how much time you want to spend with her. buses take a fuckload of time and trains aren't much better. I wouldn't recommend combining bus and plane. trying to time it so that your layovers are long enough for you to get from the airport to the bus station (assuming your flight is on time) without being so long that they eat up your whole weekend will be a nightmare. hell, 1 layover at an airport for a connecting flight can eat up hours.

if you fly out friday night and fly back sunday night you will have a couple days to spend together. if you combine bus and plane you will probably have about a day together if you plan your layovers, plus it might end up costing more than just flying the whole way. if you go bus the whole way, that will be the cheapest, but if you do that you will have just enough time to say hi and maybe grab some mcd's before you have to get back on the bus and come home, and that is no exaggeration. also if this is a girl you're interested in, remember the longer you spend traveling, the more tired, crabby, dirty, and smelly you're going to be when you get there.

honestly I would just schedule a trip for sometime in late april or may and book your round trip plane ticket now. as much as I fucking hate planes, I'd still much rather do that than fuck around trying to get to a bus station or spend half the weekend on a greyhound.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.