[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I be able to spend the night at my girlfriends house?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 17 - 2HyfZZF.jpg (142 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
17 - 2HyfZZF.jpg
142 KB, 2560x1440
I'm 18, a senior in highschool, and moving to college in 5 months. I have girlfriend of 6 months and she is 18 also. My parents won't let me spend the night at her house or her spend the night at my house. Her mom is completely ok with the idea and is actually the one bringing it up.
My question is am I in the wrong for wanting to spend the night at her house? My reasoning is that once I'm in college I'll be spending the night with her a lot rather it be in the dorm or at her house, I just wouldn't ask my parents. And they're totally fine with that, but for now I'm not allowed to spend the night. I just think there's a disconnect with the fact that once I move out I can but now I can't. I just need someone to explain to me if I'm wrong in thinking that I should be able to.
>>
File: 1260400182402.jpg (41 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1260400182402.jpg
41 KB, 184x184
sounds like your gfs mom wants that young dikkk, youknowhatimsayin homie? your mom knows it and she's way jelly son. it's not about you being right or wrong, it's about somebody's mom needing to get Fuckttt
>>
>>16907592
How are your parents gonna know where you spend the night? When I was 18 I used to walk out whenever I wanted, just saying "going to a party, see you tomorrow!"
>>
I'll offer some food for thought.

>My question is am I in the wrong for wanting to spend the night at her house?
No, of course not! You can NEVER be in the wrong for wanting something. Although you can be in the wrong for how you act on it.

>I just think there's a disconnect with the fact that once I move out I can but now I can't.
You're not seeing this from the right angle. This is NOT about what you're able to do - you can do anything you want, you're legally an adult. This is just about your parents perception of it.

My best guess is that, since you're going to college soon, your parents are going through a coping process. They're about to "lose you", as the kid who grew with them.
>>
>>16907624
Haha I actually never thought of just saying that I'm going to go sleep at a friend's house and to hers instead. Thanks man
>>
>>16907633
Thanks that's what I was thinking too. I just didn't understand why they're so old fashioned you know
>>
>>16907624

Some of us actually were raised by parents that care about us.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.