[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you use any goal tracking / habit forming / to do aps? Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: pidgey.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
pidgey.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
Do you use any goal tracking / habit forming / to do aps? Which one? What do you like and don't like about it?

I am thinking of using one to form some habits / be me organized.
>>
I don't use anything beyond a simple list (whichever platform is convenient at that time), but I hear that people generally like HabitRPG for all of the things you mentioned. The most common criticism I've read is that it's somewhat shallow and loses its charm quickly, but that it's still a functional system even without the novelty of its bells and whistles.

Maintaining a separate journal is also good for keeping you aware of progress and results. I think lots of people lose motivation because they can't see or appreciate the fruits of their labors, especially when results are incremental in nature. Setting aside two minutes before bed every night to write "here's what I got done today" can focus that lens a bit. It makes the progress toward your goals feel much more real.
>>
>>16907539

On an unrelated note - I think journaling is good too, but I find myself getting carried away and writing too much, which ends up taking 40 minutes and then quitting. Haven't touched journal in probably 6 months and make an entry maybe once a year / every 6 months. I got to the point where I just track fitness progress in simple "squats 3x6 @ 470" or whatever.

I wish I kept track of other goals better, but fitness is so linear. I think that's why there are so many aps for it, as opposed to other goals.

My friend loves the shit out of HabitRPG, maybe I should try it.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.