[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just heard from my sister that one of our close friends'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: child-at-funeral-2.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
child-at-funeral-2.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
I just heard from my sister that one of our close friends' dad passed away, funeral will be held tomorrow.
This is seriously heavy for me and I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be for him.

I'm not really big on showing emotional support to others. At those times I'm not sure what to say and how to act (even if I really want to show support), and this is a very delicate matter to top it off.

I think I should give him space, but I also want him to feel secure that we(his friends) are all there for him anytime he may need us.
How do I show him support? How do I proceed?
>>
>emotional support

Tell your mom to suck his dick
>>
>>16907025
>I also want him to feel secure that we(his friends) are all there for him anytime he may need us

literally tell him that, hug him
thats it
>>
>>16907042
Maybe that's just it. I just worry because I tend to look numb in this kind of situation and I don't want to give him the impression that I don't care, or make him feel like he's not being supported enough.

Also, I was just thinking:
Does going about my day like nothing happened make me heartless? I'm not even sure I can do it because I keep going back to thinking about him. This may seem silly, and were I not experiencing this right now, I'd say that dwelling on it is simply unproductive and that I have the right to happiness despite what might happen to others.

Right now though, I can only think it wouldn't make that good a friend. I'm just numb right now. I don't want to make this about me.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.