[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, I have something like a date tomorrow, but not really.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: image0054[1].jpg (90 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image0054[1].jpg
90 KB, 640x640
Hey, I have something like a date tomorrow, but not really. Actually, it's probably not. We're just learning for exams. Whatever. Hard to explain.

Anyways, I haven't shaved for like three weeks and now I have to decide whether to get rid of all the hair or maybe try out trimming, given that I don't have this kind of opportunity very often (not having to go out so being able to skip the looks-like-shit-because-it's-half-grown-phase).

I don't really like anything that involved the upper lip, so that rules out some styles.

How do you like a chin beard like this one? That's something that I'm actually interested in.
It's not a perfect example of what I want, but it's the closest one that I've been able too Google Image-Search.

Another example, but that's a bit much for my taste, but still: http://profanegermane.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/chin-beard.jpg

Please also state your sex/gender, that would be helpful.
I'm in france, if cultural differences have an impact... or something.

I'm hopinh to get some help. Thanks.
>>
File: 1456020377233.png (72 KB, 353x439) Image search: [Google]
1456020377233.png
72 KB, 353x439
If you show up to this cleanly shaven and trimmed, shes just gonna assume you have differemt intentions other than "learning for exams"

Just clean up your face a bit, dont worry about all the other shit, unless you both have a mutual attraction, otherwise be polite and respectful and fun while you guys study.

Maybe after a whilenof studying it will lead to hanging out, dates, etc. But if she's not into you like that right now, dont be obviously over-dressed.

Keep it casual and fun Anon, godspeed
>>
>>16904696
Depends on your face man

This really is a question for /fa/ but I'm bored.

Personally I think the guy you posted looks like a douchebag. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder
>>
>>16904708
>If you show up to this cleanly shaven and trimmed, shes just gonna assume you have differemt intentions other than "learning for exams"
I don't think so. Most of the time, I'm cleanly shaven, unless I happen to waste time in the morning and notice that I'm way too late, so I have to skip the shaving. It starts becoming noticeable after like 3 days, so I'd say it happens roughly once or twice a month max. Other than that, I'm always cleanly shaven.
So no, I don't think she would assume that. I might be wrong, though. I'm not good with women lol (average /adv/ kissless virgin here).

>unless you both have a mutual attraction
I am interested in her. It most probably isn't mutual, but I still don't want to make it worse, if you know what I mean.

>obviously over-dressed
So, basically, I have two options:
1. Do whatever I usually do (shave)
2. Try the style as described in the OP. For me, not for her.

The thing with 2 is just that I don't want to lower my chances (significantly ?) or just look like a douche in general.
Speaking of which,

>>16904717
Is that related to the person or can it be reduced to the chin thing that he has going on? Also, are you female? Thanks for your input!
>>
File: 1455207632793.jpg (14 KB, 224x255) Image search: [Google]
1455207632793.jpg
14 KB, 224x255
>>16904730
All of this info wouldve been more helpful in the OP, desu.

The worst thing you can do is pretend to be someone or something you aren't. Just do your regular routine, maybe throw on some light cologne, and wear something nice but not new and flashy.

Dont rush things either. Your mind is going to mistake being nice with being flirty, or maybe just because she scooched closer an inch doesnt mean much else. Im not sure the relationship you 2 have.

Just go through the night pretending you're just with another friend, nothing more. Make some jokes, make eye contact, listen.

If she makes an obvious mood or starts to hint at stuff, thats just a nice extra from you being suave.
>>
>>16904771
First off, thanks for your advice.

But the thing is still, that I am in this situation that I can choose what to do (either shave or just trim).
Most of the time, I'm cleanly shaved, because that's the easiest way. Going to what I mentioned above, means that I have to get through that phase where it will look shitty because it's growing very slowly.

I don't see how that makes me pretend to be someone else. I'm not doing it *for her*, but I'm trying to make a decision that *involves* the thought "hey, she might hate this, is this a good idea at all?"
Maybe I'm missing something obvious - care to help me understand? I really do not want to come off as "pretending to be someone else".

>If she makes an obvious mood or starts to hint at stuff, thats just a nice extra from you being suave.
I don't know whether I understood that correctly. Doesn't feel like I did.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.