[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sources of happiness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 640x264
I am in a relatively well-paying job that takes 80-90 hours per week and basically is 90% of my life. It has been getting increasingly destabilising emotionally and physically. As a result, I have very few friends and things that make me happy - music, gym and swimming, but in the last few months the work has taken away a large share of that as well. How do I avoid getting miserable or crazy? I feel like I could snap very soon, so would really appreciate your advice.
>>
Take a vacation if you can, or request a day off or call in sick one day if you can't.

Break up the rhythm. Play hookie and step away from the monotony and mounting pressure, and do the things you want to do.
>>
People in your situation have to be extraordinarily decisive about planning and making good on their recreational time. Your experiences make sense given the situation but we don't live in a fantasy world where you can just drop this lucrative position to go live out of a van. I also acknowledge that it's not as simple as snapping one's fingers to make a good work-life balance appear. I'm sorry that there's no magic answer in that regard. However there's also no other way to stumble into a solution. It only gets worse from here if you let it. You either get insanely detailed and strategic with how your time is spent or you burn out.
>>
>>16904575
Fuck you need a vacation. Seriously like at this very moment, preferably far away from your work.
>>
>>16904613
You hit the nail on the head. I can't even plan anything because work appears spontaneously. As much as I love hiking, had to give it up because I can't be more than 1 hr away from PC
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.