[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the fastest way of resetting your sleep schedule? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Runnerman_playing_xcom.jpg (225 KB, 960x686) Image search: [Google]
Runnerman_playing_xcom.jpg
225 KB, 960x686
What is the fastest way of resetting your sleep schedule?

I live a really good life when I go to bed 21 and wake up at 5-6. I live a really shit life otherwise.
And when I do mess up, I have no good way of fixing it.
Since I am not young anymore, i get stupidly tired if I try to stay awake on day 2.
>>
>>16904559
Turn off all screens at least an hour before you want to go to bed: no tv, no laptop, no desktop, no phone, no tablet, no media player, no handheld console, no smartwatch, nothing. If you're bored read a book or masturbate or something. You might be able to get away with an e-ink tablet, i don't know

then go to bed
then wake up

after 2 weeks you'll be a functioning human being but you still won't be allowed to use screens before bedtime because it'll just fuck you up again
>>
>>16904594
Silly person
>>
File: 1457079893426.jpg (63 KB, 600x447) Image search: [Google]
1457079893426.jpg
63 KB, 600x447
>>16904594
Pretty much this.

Too many friends/roommates/family I know complain about "Ugh I cant ever sleep, I dont feel tired, etc." while staring at a bright ass screen, sometimes sitting up at 1am.

The basic list I would reccomend is
>No bright lights/screens before 'going to bed'
>use your bed for sleeping only. No eating, gaming, etc. This will make you brain eventually view bed=sleep, and not bed=sleep,eating,hobby,activity
>chamomile tea and warm milk help to feel sleepy
>if you enjoy it, use White Noise or an online Background Noise player
>sleeping naked or as close as possible feels more natural. Fuzzy PJs work too.
>dont sleep in the clothes you wore that day. Ever. Not only stopping back acne and sores, youll feel much cleaner naked or in pajamas
This is just a strict list ive used to stop living a NEET life of sleeping 3am-9pm
>>
>>16904559
reset your sleep schedule by either taking amphetamine to stay awake longer or benzos to knock you out
>>
I was just about to post a thread about getting good sleep.

I may start cutting screen time, but I'm not so sure about going to bed at the same time even on weekends. Does it help? Anyone ever tried it?
>>
>>16904628
I think this is the idea. Just a shame you need to overdoze on coffee to stay awake the 2nd day, and you get sick of it halfway troough.

>>16904643
The biggest problem with sleep is that you want to go to bed at like 21 instead of 22 or 23 because you sleep better if you do.
And each hour you weer of your sleep schedule, it takes roughly 1 hour to recover(unless you cheat)
>>
>>16905219
>>16904643
If you miss bed time(your normal), each hour missed takes 1 day to recover. So going to bed 23 or 22 on weekend is fine.

But once you start missing by 4-5 hours, or more? That takes too long to recover from.
You are better up just staying up to day nr 2, and just going to bed at your regular time.
>>
>>16904559
Staying in bed all day 1 day or staying awake all day 1 day.
If you choose the latter you must exercise that day a lot.
>>
>>16904559
Get a solar clock

or just find out sunrise and sunset times

try to sleep when the sun is out at least for 6 hours

so if the sun rises at 5 am, you want to sleep at least 6 hours before that.

to reset: just dont sleep for 1 day and jog for 15 minutes that day, you will hve the best sleep ever
>>
File: The_Sun_in_extreme_ultraviolet.jpg (3 MB, 2100x2034) Image search: [Google]
The_Sun_in_extreme_ultraviolet.jpg
3 MB, 2100x2034
>>16905445
>tfw living close to polar circle
>tfw when sleep scheduale collapses each year in may, because there is no night anymore, only hours of twilight
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.