[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've suddenly taken a dislike to a lot of my friends. Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I've suddenly taken a dislike to a lot of my friends. Is this a normal thing in your early twenties? I'll have fun with them for a while, but then a thought will just hit me of "I don't even like most of these people, they're really mean, etc." It's happening to one of my friend's especially, I can't even stand being around him.

Advice on how to deal with these thoughts, cut friends out of your life gracefully, finding new friends, etc.

Maybe I'm just changing.
>>
>>16904167
You don't so much "cut them out" as much as you just get new friends. Simply stop going to activities with them. Stop talking to them. Focus your time and energy into meeting new people. Be your own person. The sooner you become comfortable by yourself, the less you'll care if you're losing anything by growing out of your old friends.
>>
>>16904167
We all go through that constantly to be honest. Life changes, your priorities change, the circumstances you deal with most change. People come and people go, it's natural. If you came to the point that you really don't see any other options than to cut the ties, do it, but do it with dignity. Straight up telling them all the stuff will only get things worse. Parting ways with people is the most hard thing to do because none of us handle rejection well. I agree with >>16904172 that you need to focus on yourself, but before making any actions think about how would you feel if somebody you cared about did things the way you plan to do it. They were your friends and it would be better they remembered you for all the good things that you had together instead of how you handled the goodbye.
>>
>>16904167
I went through a similar thing when I was 18/19. I kinda just got sick of hanging around with them and realised that they're actually douchebags that never made the effort to keep in contact when we finished high school.

I've ended up just cutting them out of my life pretty much. It was quite hard at first but I've pretty much gotten over it and have made new friends at uni that are actually decent people.

Like >>16904172 and >>16904213 said. Be yourself and focus on meeting new people that accept you for that. They're true friends.
>>
There's no way for us to know whether your friends are really assholes, if you're being a cynical dick or some mix of both. I think you should try to focus on whatever friendships you have that still maintain your confidence and turn to them for feedback.
>>
Thanks for the advice so far everyone. To add context it's just a few people in the entire group who act like negative dicks all the time, but it kinda brings the whole mood down. The rest are great people, best I've ever met.

I feel like whenever someone does something outside of the status quo of the group they get insulted to oblivion. It feels like stagnating, but maybe I'm just being a prick.
>>
>>16904248
Well, you could casually ask others about their opinion. If it's only your view, then yeah you may be being too picky, but if others agree with you then you all should be adressing it.
>>
You don't interact as much. If you wanna be really careful you simply keep tract of interactions and make the average per week decrease a lot.

Getting new friends is a very good excuse usually but you can just pretend you're doing other things.
>>
>>16904280
I wouldn't like to be seen as a bitchy person or breaking up the group, tho.

I think it'd just be better to quietly leave, find new friends and just interact with the select few people I really get on with. I'd hate to cause a load of drama (hence why I'm venting on /adv/ and not to a friend).

I'll keep your point in mind, however.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.