[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decade age difference
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 1450640439654.gif (598 KB, 540x371) Image search: [Google]
1450640439654.gif
598 KB, 540x371
Can a 20 year old male date a 30 year old female?

I don't mean is it possible, of course it is if you love each other enough. But on average/in all reality, does it typically work out?
>>
>>16903909
>But on average/in all reality, does it typically work out?

nope. Maybe if it was ike 27 and 37, but there's a pretty big life experience difference between 20 and 30, and that doesn't typically work out.

By definition, not everyone can be typical though.

Figure out for yourself if you're willing to bend a little and able to think outside of yourself to concede/compromise on some things, and if she's willing to do the same (and if this isn't just desperation of a young male for anything that moves on your part if you're the guy, or loneliness and naivety as to the maturity difference if you're the female)
>>
>>16903909
That's called a "teacher." She will teach you about relationships and how to fuck, and you ultimately use the knowledge on a girl who hasn't hit the wall.
>>
File: 1456377722898.gif (2 MB, 318x239) Image search: [Google]
1456377722898.gif
2 MB, 318x239
>>16903909
short answer: yes

long answer:

She's probably got her life a bit more together than yours but thats just the 10 year difference working. She might not have time to put up with your young life struggles as she's already gone through them. This is different than showing empathy and caring about your struggles. Think along the lines of keeping your "long line at startbucks" complaints to yourself.

Secondly Your lives might not be compatible on the day to day. But working in scheduled time to see one another is going to break any sort of differences. also LEARN TO CARE ABOUT HER LIFE. It will show great maturity to her, above all her peers which are in a similar grind but show little interest in her life.

any more questions?
>>
>>16903909
I'm 30, boyfriend is 24. Started dating at 28 and 22. The only reason I went for it was because he's very unlike the average 22/24 year old guy. His life experiences made it as such that he had to do a lot of growing up in his childhood, so he's very mature, very responsible and very easy to get along with. We're both on the same "life" level.

That being said, you have nothing to lose by trying. If you're 20, that's the time you're supposed to be experimenting and exploring and dating around to see who/what you actually need in your life. Relationships aren't all marriages. Marriage is hard to get out of. Relationships are easy to leave. Don't psyche yourself out of an opportunity because you think it won't work. So what? Get into a new relationship.
>>
File: tumblr_n67v89ebgK1tp42tfo1_500.jpg (54 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n67v89ebgK1tp42tfo1_500.jpg
54 KB, 500x350
>>16903909
Possible, of course. Typical, no way.

But the maturity gap between a 30 year old and a 20 year old is huge. Im 29 and just listening to 20 year olds talk, their ideas and revelations and development stages; Ill just say they aren't necessarily stupid or childish but... They got a ways to go and things to learn.

Pic relevant
>>
>>16903919
I understand what you mean. This isn't a desperate move, I genuinely like this girl, we have similar interests. Music, movies, concerts, video games, etc.
>>16903923
I'm not looking to use her etc. I'm a 20 year old virgin, I am more than capable of losing my virginity to other women if I was desperate and lowered my standards but I'm not desperate.
>>16903926
Thanks for the long input. We work together so our shifts are the same. I've even told myself I wouldn't shit where I eat, but this woman makes me consider breaking the rule.
>>16903931
I'm aware self evaluation can be horrendously inaccurate but I'm not really similar to those of my age. Probably because I've been out of school for a few years. She is 30 and still has roommates etc. If I had to guess if we were similar on "life levels" I'd say we are closer than further.
>>16903942
Thanks for your honesty.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.