[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nobody wants to grow up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
and its getting to be obnoxious

I'm slowly cutting off all of my friends because their still doing the same shit they have been for years and have made no progress while I have been working on building a legitimate life and name for myself one day. I'll give you an example of what one of my friends is like.

This dude is 23, gonna be 24. He lives in his moms basement unemployed. No drivers license, only drove a car a handful of times (we live in a small area where a drivers license is needed or youre mooching rides all the time). Has been unemployed for 3+ years. Gets high every night (nothing wrong with this specifically but when its other peoples weed for years straight its kinda stupid), no education. Every night its MTG and video games with bros in moms basement, smoking shitty weed too.

Its gone so far with this kid that when I try to talk to him about girls, he never thinks that the really hot girls are hot. He says that they look "trashy" "Slutty" "bitchy" for no reason, even though they literally just look hot and he doesn't even know them. seems like he's into overweight chicks with mohawks. Its gotten to the point where he hasn't gotten laid in so long and knows that its so hard for him that hes been saying hes going asexual, as if that were a thing.

He embraces this lifestyle and calls it "nihilism" and thinks its deep, and talks shit to me for having a job and working 6 days a week. Looks down on me for enjoying partying/meeting new people.

I could go on and on, but you get the point. seems like theres so many people my age around me that are into this lifestyle, and its quite sickening. I want to meet people who are interesting with an education and life path, I think school is the answer, but I don't know what I want to go for.

All I know is that when you don't get laid for so long that you start saying youre going asexual thats just pathetic. The only people I know are fucking complete losers and i'm sick of it.

Anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>16903863

Sounds like you just need to move on, man. With time, you'll realize that there's two types of people in this world: People who look for excuses for their problems, and people who look for solutions. The first type of person tends to pretty much stay stuck in one place, so if you're the second type of person, you're eventually gonna have to leave them behind when you're ready to go places.

I know that's cliche shit, but it's true. Some people just don't want to change because it's too much work, and as you grow up you'll find less and less space in your life for that type of negative shit
>>
>>16903881
yeah, if I do go back to school (which i'm like pretty damn sure I am, I make good money now but I want to make more and have a career) I'm gonna have to cut these people off. When you start looking down on people for having a career and starting a family to the point where you talk all edgy about how people having kids aren't living their lives correctly, I no longer really have time for you. If you don't want or agree with that lifestyle thats completely fine, but when you live like a 12 year old man child, thats just assinine.
>>
>>16903905

Yeah I feel you. Everyone gets fucked over by life sometimes, but you can tell someone's hopeless when they just want to drag everyone else down with them, instead of building themselves back up

It's on him, at this point. Maybe someday he'll change and pull his shit together. But yeah until that day comes there's no reason to put up with that shit
>>
>>16903910
I got fucked over by life way more than any of the people I'm talking about did. And you know what I did? Moved away for a year to get away from everything, clear my head, and start over. When I came back, I had a fresh start, and I came back with a direction and idea of what I wanted to do with my life way more than I have before.
>>
>>16903932

I feel you. But at the same time, it's not much good to just sit around the same small town being like "man, I'm so much better than all these people." Just put that energy into making some real plans to move out and move up.
>>
>>16903940
Yeah, i've been working on it. I've just been saving up money and looking for options at different schools in the area, I know that I'm gonna spend the next couple years getting credits until I have enough to go to a university. I should have been doing this 5 years ago, better late than never I guess. I live on my own and own 3 cars atm so I'm not doing that bad.
>>
>>16903863
>I'm slowly cutting off all of my friends because their still doing the same shit they have been for years

ehh...

Dont burn bridges OP.

You can move on with your life and do new stuff, but you don't need to sabotage your old relationships to do that.
>>
>>16903953

Well good luck brother, just keep it up

But yeah, on the original topic, you should just stop hanging out with the dude. Taper it off slowly, or just cut it off, whatever. But if you keep him around when you already feel this way about it, it's just gonna make you bitter eventually, and that's not a good look on anyone
>>
>>16903863
Your friends sound cool.

You sound like a little bitch.
>>
>>16903863
You want to move on and make name for yourself, yeah? Then go fucking do it and shut the fuck up. You want us to pat you on the back or something? This pseudo bragging shit is out of control.
>>
>hurr durr I don't like what my friend is doing
why are you then still friend with him?
why did you spend time writing this?
why are you not working on towards your goals if they are so important?
you are trash op. go drink bleach.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.