[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
University
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: 1447346624062.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447346624062.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1080
Main question: Realistically, is it easy to get into university? I see your run-of-the-mill university propaganda stuff and think that universities must only take squares with above average grades, but then it sometimes seems like anybody and everybody just simply goes to university, like there's no issue with being accepted, it just happens.

For some context, I'm from the UK, so I'm doing my A levels. It's pretty rough and I'm not fond of the environment or format by which I 'learn'. I also quietly have issues with authority. I get the feeling the way I'm performing is enough to stay in school but not get accepted into university.

Obviously I'm still young and immature and whatever, and I'm falling into my stereotypes as a teenager. But this is quite an important issue in where I go next with my life. I need to have a realistic idea of what to expect going forward rather than the one-sided nonsense that's spewed at me from universities themselves.

So any wisdom or personal experiences to go along with your answers are more than welcome.

Pic unrelated by the way. Just some stupid shit.
>>
>>16903694
I should also acknowledge the usual advice I get thrown at me like "Do well now or your regret it later when you have to get qualifications alongside shit work" or something to that effect. I appreciate this, but you have to understand that I can't really think that way considering there is no future me to regret not doing well. I could die tomorrow or some shit. I'm not really trying to get out of working harder, it's just hard for things like that to motivate me when it's just some arbitrary, vague, meaningless idea of the future.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.