[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm majoring in law and I speak a foreign language considered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (141 KB, 564x861) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
141 KB, 564x861
I'm majoring in law and I speak a foreign language considered difficult and I speak English and Spanish and French.

What should I do with my degree to be able to travel or work in a foreign country? Can I validate my degree in another country so that I can practice law there?
>>
Bumping shamelessly
>>
Typically you'll have to take a country's own professional examination to be admitted to the bar and practice there. The degree may or may not be recognized but that's probably the least significant hurdle. Getting your credentials will not be an easy undertaking.

Your best bet is to get into business law and represent international clients in your current country of residence.
>>
>>16903300
>What should I do with my degree to be able to travel or work in a foreign country?
The only thing you can do is work for an international company and try to get sent to one of their offices in another country as a legal adviser for the country you were certified in.

>Can I validate my degree in another country so that I can practice law there?
Not really. Some countries have a streamline system where you can get certified by simply passing a test and paying for for it.(think Canada and U.S.) Others require full education from scratch.

Your best option is to become a lawyer for a big company in your country and use your language skill to get transferred around.
>>
>>16903300
>>16903512
What this one said, however if you get a law degree and work with a multinational company then they'd pay for you to take those exams or you may not have to take it.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.