[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
using music on Youtube videos.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: youtube-logo-full_color.jpg (34 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
youtube-logo-full_color.jpg
34 KB, 670x377
I want to upload a video I edited and was wondering if someone has experience about using copyrighted music. I have seen tons of videos like this existing that can fall into the humor parody and nobody touches them.
However I have also seen many videos being removed.

I know for sure that my video/audio footage is not copyrighted BUT I use some music overlayed from an anime OST. Not looking for moneys out of this, it was just a quick thing to sharpen my editing skills.
Will it make any difference if I uploaded as unlisted?
Will it make any difference if I upload it as a specific category like entertainment or something to avoid detection?
>>
I used to run a youtune channel, 600 subs in so nothing too big.

From what I know the recent changes to youtube(like youtube red) kind of made the copyright bindings tighten a bit. Seriously, my 1 year old vid was forced to change music since I dont own the music. (It was k-on heart goes boom btw).

So yeah, if youre gonna upload a vid, make sure in you settings the vid will be put to unlisted or private, then leave it for a few hours ( or a day) and check if it triggered youtubes copyright bullshit. If it does, change music, if not tou're good to go.
>>
>>16899909
look up some youtube videos of people explaining how fucked up the copyright system is on youtube

there's a guy who uploaded a black screen with no sound playing and people still manually claimed copyright on his video. it's currently a major flaw with the youtube system, people can make false claims and literally steal ad revenue. even if their claim fails or they don't renew it they get to keep any money they leach so it's become a bit of a copyright troll industry in itself.

as for the anime music, it depends on the right holders or any trolls. some Japanese studios have been more hostile against youtube and might issue a takedown notice. I'd look up the specific song you want to use and see if there are old youtube videos with the song. if there are you're probably safe from a permanent takedown.

for detection, youtube has automated the audio side of things. if the song is in their database and they detect it then whatever the right holders want done with the song will happen. they might put ads on the video, etc.
>>
>>16900150
>>>16899909 (OP)
>for detection, youtube has automated the audio side of things. if the song is in their database and they detect it then whatever the right holders want done with the song will happen. they might put ads on the video, etc.
This is pretty much why I suggest putting the vid first as unlisted or private. Helps you adjust immediately
>>
thanx i will try to keep it unlisted today. cant change music because the specific music is what makes the video. i even named the video after the music playing with words.
we ll see how it goes. It was for fun, nothing serious but it will be a shame to make those couple of hours I edited it to nothing.
>>
>>16900804
You can always just save it on your computer then upload it to another video site if your friends are you viewers
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.