[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ I've been slowly losing interest and happiness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1442254631123.png (419 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
1442254631123.png
419 KB, 638x478
Hey /adv/

I've been slowly losing interest and happiness in my life.

There's not a single satisfying thing in my life.

I have a girlfriend and I don't love her, I just have her because I don't want to 'be a loser'. I have many friends but our friendships start to burn out. I have a good job and I get a lot of money, but buying stuff makes me happy only for a short time.

I don't have any hobbies, passions or anything. I used to play games, watch movies and read books. I tried parachute jumping, scuba diving, snowboarding, writing stuff, programming, dancing, martial arts, anime, playing on an instrument - and nothing holds my interest for more than five hours.

The only reason why I'm still alive is because of these short periods of time when I feel good for no particular reason.

Also my whole fucking personality is fake. I wanted to be 'alpha' so I started hanging out with the cool guys in highschools, but pretending to be an extroverted narcissist is exhausting, but at least I'm not a virgin. Going to all these social events starts to get tiring too.

And I don't want to 'be myself'. My true personality died when I stopped liking things I liked. I don't even know what kind of a person I am.
>>
Sounds like the textbook exampled of a man who became estranged by our shallow, materialistic, , pretentious society. Sounds like you have to start from the beginning.

Have you thought about what you want to achieve in life? What kind of person do you wanna be in 20 years?
>>
>>16892648
>Have you thought about what you want to achieve in life? What kind of person do you wanna be in 20 years?
It might sound shallow as fuck but when I was in highschool my biggest dream was to be remembered. I wanted to be famous and I wanted to change the world. I had a drive to change myself, but as you can see it wasn't really a good thing.

Now? I don't know. I can't imagine myself in 20 years. I don't have any idea how I'll be able to survive 20 years because social interactions tire me more than my job.
>>
>>16892668
The advice i would give you, is to try to think out what you wanna do in the future. For example, me, I want to eventually build my own house. It won't be easy but i'm gonna work hard for several years and save up money to buy a plot and then build my own house there. It's a long term goal that i have, maybe it will take me 20 years, but that's what i'm working towards. I also want to start a family. But now, i'm just working, training at the gym, and reading a lot, basically taking it easy. But I feel comfortable knowing i'm working towards my long term goal. I think everyone should have such a goal to strive towards.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.