[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I forget about the past and live happy with my gf? Around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: vintage-man-confused.jpg (14 KB, 948x858) Image search: [Google]
vintage-man-confused.jpg
14 KB, 948x858
How do I forget about the past and live happy with my gf? Around Christmas time she had an emotional affair with a guy she met in the city. They went on a date, too, although she said "nothing happened." I forgive her and all, but I'm just not as attracted to her anymore. And there's not much she can do besides apologize. We've been together for two years and all of my friends became really good friends with her, and I hang around her family constantly. I feel like if people knew what happened, they wouldn't want me to be with her anymore. It's just a shitty situation now, so I need advice.
>>
Sounds like you know what you have to do. a emotional affair is still a affair, and she went on a date with another guy. that's fucked up, it'l be hard to distance yourself but if your not attracted to her there is no point in sticking around
>>
>>16892522
I have been in your position, even if I'm a girl.

Do not tell anyone. They'll clearly get mad at her and run things. There's enough stress.
Take time off her. Make it clear that she has no right to even think about someone else during those days.
Take some days for yourself. Think about all you've been through and try to forgive her. Do not talk to her till you're pretty much over it and ready to forgive her. If you can't, leave her.
If you choose to be back to her, do not talk about it anymore. Do not mention it in fights. Never.
I asked my boyfriend to tell me his passwords and let me check his phone for a while because I felt insecure. I asked him to check 2 or 3 times in 4 years. Obviously I gave him mine.
We slowly got trusting again. Took me a year to feel attracted to him in the same way, and to respect him the way I used to before.
Good luck OP.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.