[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Falling out with flatmate over housing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1454711434009.gif (2 MB, 306x230) Image search: [Google]
1454711434009.gif
2 MB, 306x230
One of my flatmates (I live with 4 other guys) is giving me the cold shoulder because of recent events
>He's soon to be unemployed and has been trying to find work in the city
>3 weeks ago we agreed as a group if he couldn't find a job by 3 weeks time we'd go with another guy on next year's house since we need to get the houses now
>he agrees
Fast forward 3 weeks and now he's really angry at me because I told him he's got a week left
Am I at fault /adv/? We're all students except him (he's graduated uni already) and he turned down two job offers already.
>>
>>16891549
I'd have given him at least a month.
>>
off course he can't expect you to pay for his housing so he'll have to figure out some way to pay you if he wants to stay longer. If he doesn't, you're right to kick him out. one month is a bit of a short term so it would make sense to cut him some slack there, if he gets a job he'll be able to pay back that month's rent easilly.
Now for him being angry about it: that could be because of the way you sayd it, or because of how he felt. It really sucks to graduate and get into the real world. just like girls get their period, people in shitty situations are sometimes a bit like that, he'll be over it when he finds work.
>>
>>16891558
He's known he'll be employed for months now, he hasn't found work in half a year
>>16891568
It's not for the current year house, it's for next year (tenancy beginning in summer)
>>
>he turned down two job offers
This is completely his problem.
>>
>>16891591
He says he doesn't want to go into 'retail' (one was an IKEA job that payed great, the second was a waitering job in the same restaurant that I work in) but he's got no choice at this stage
>>
Of course this isn't your fault. He's probably mad at himself and is projecting it on to you. You're the bad guy because you're the one who reminded him.
>>
>>16891549

nah i dont blame you. such is life. people need to get over it.

>be me
>roommate
>he moved in paid first and lsat no problem
>almost instantly has money issues
>asks if we can get a third roommate to make ends meet
>i agree he and I Can share a room cuz i wanna pay back some credit card debts and save some money
>get third roommate
>his rent is now only 350
>he STILL cant seem to be able to pay his rent
>constantly leaves for a week or two becuase hes afraid to be home when he hasnt paid rent
>insists he'll pay rent
>four months in i finally cut him off
>hes mad
>>
>>16891712
>>16891647
>>16891643
all true, I do think however that one month is quite a short to come to terms with life being a bitch, having been lied to by society about your education and realising that you may have to work jobs you've looked down on since puberty. It's inevitable and it's entirely his problem, but a month is kinda short for that to be reasonable. perhaps you can make some hard ultimatum like he's only allowed to stay on the condition that he does accept the next job or something. you're not morally obligued to do so, but it would make you the better person and chances are he will pay you back for that and this month.
>>
>>16892003
Normally I'd agree that a month isn't very long, but he agreed to it, and he's received two job offers in that time.
>>
>>16892035

thats kinda the thing is if he NEEDS money he neds to take a job. he cant expect his friends to foot the bill for him when he DOES have options. its not OPs job to coddle him. he could get a job and then just start looking for a better one immediately.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.