[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a drug-addled organic chemist with no money who really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: nhk.jpg (20 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
nhk.jpg
20 KB, 704x400
I'm a drug-addled organic chemist with no money who really likes shoegaze, memes and old books. I'll probably be a doctor at some point but cannot relate to my peers or form enjoyable relationships, so the prospect of dying alone is beginning to loom.

Where do I go to find a girl who is a retard like me and willing to spend the rest of her life with a retard like me?
>>
>>16890874
Shoegaze concerts I guess
>>
The best way to meet people like you is to join groups with similar interests.
Shoegaze is tricky because at this point shoegaze is fashionable, which means hip people surround the scene. But try going to related, more niche/outsider scenes, like the noise scene, the goth/darkwave scene, the avant-garde scene, or something like those. Old books is a more promising lead because readers are a very specific group, especially once you eliminate trash (romance, paperback thrillers, etc.) readers. There are places to find fans of classics, and antiquity.

Do you think you might have a specific mental disorder, like Asperger's Syndrome, Schizoid Personality Disorder, or anything else? If so, there's a group for pretty much any of those things. Also, have you already committed to a grad school? Because a tech-heavy school, like MIT or Caltech, will be a great place to meet like-minded people. Of course, any school will have clubs for things like classics/classical studies.

Also, consider dating sites like match.com. The pay sites have users who are more invested in actually finding someone, and unlike free sites, it's less for losers who are just on the prowl for pussy.

Anyway, check out the Japanese shoegaze/noise band Xinlisupreme, and the obscure proto-Surrealist novel The Other Side by Alfred Kubin.
>>
File: 1455556258504.jpg (22 KB, 552x414) Image search: [Google]
1455556258504.jpg
22 KB, 552x414
>>16890895
There is only a marginal shoegaze scene in the small European country I live in. I was diagnosed with asperger's as a child and had an awkward adolescence, even though I had a girlfriend for a year. I wouldn't consider myself autistic, if I can find someone I relate to then I have no difficulty forming a relationship, it's just I've arrived at the point in my life where I don't meet new people, and I'm terribly frightened of any unfamiliar interactions for no particular reason.

I went to college expecting to be surrounded by learned peers and interesting individuals, but everyone I've met there has been utterly banal. Their interests don't diverge beyond a superficial interaction with popular culture. I thought I'd finally fit in and have a chance to meet some people with ideas and hobbies that were new and exciting, but what I ended up in was High School 2: Electric Boogaloo where everyone just drinks a lot and listens to bad EDM. I don't drink alcohol, I take opiates and functional stimulants. My inability to fit into the college culture has led to my becoming isolated and lonely and extremely hateful of everyone around me. Sometimes when I walk around campus I have an unexplained rage directed at everyone I see. Obviously this psychological complex of hatred for my peers isn't doing my ability to adjust any wonders. I just want to find someone like myself who's a bit strange and not congruous with existing social environments.

I'm going to graduate school in Medicine and most likely it will be even worse given the socioeconomic background of most medical students.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.