[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello Anon, i need /adv/ices about New York City and how to find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1080943.jpg (49 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
1080943.jpg
49 KB, 266x400
Hello Anon, i need /adv/ices about New York City and how to find fortune in it.
I live in Italy and i've decided to leave my country and try build a new life abroad. I don't find a job here and anyway its boring as hell.
- My budget is around 15000 euro (lifetime savings).
- I don't have any disability apart from a weak sight (cannot be fixed with glasses, laser or other tecniques)
- My grammar is shitty, but i'm fluent due to years spent talking with strangers online.
- I don't have any degree, never finished Uni
- I worked as a Journalist (sports and politics)
- I can cook and i can make pizza and cocktails (i have attempted courses for both)

Main issues
- i don't want to go alone and i don't find anyone who would like to join me in this adventure.
- i don't know shit about how to make it in Murrica.
- i don't have any relative/friend there

Do you have any tips? It is New York the best place to find a job? I thought about it because also there's a huge Italian community.
Which kind of entry level jobs i could find once there? What's the average wage?

Also, any kind of info about New York or other places in America good or better than that are very welcome.
>>
>>16890740
Do a little research.

You can't just move to the USA, get a job and live happily ever after.

The only way you can get into the US is with a tourist visa, which has a time limit and absolutely forbids you from working.

The only way you can work in the US is with a work visa, but you have to have a US employer fill out the forms guaranteeing you the job and convincing the US officials you're not stealing the job from a citizen - and this all has to be done BEFORE you come to the US.
>>
>>16890740

Go for australia, you are not equipped to NY.
>>
Think of this as being like jumping into a pool. The midwest is the 3ft section. Everyone welcome. The South is the 5 ft depth. So long as you're okay up to your shoulders, you'll do alright. The west Coast and most of the north east too is the 9 feet. You can drown there, but hopefully a lifeguard gets to you first.

NY is the piranha infested 20 ft deep murky swamp next door. Not only can you drown immediately, there's predators who will eat you alive as you do. There's a million homeless people, everything smells like piss and no one gives a shit if you're going down.

Honestly, take your money and buy a modest house outside of a Midwestern city if you must come here. 15k Euros won't get you very far in NY, but it's a good (decent) start anywhere else.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.