[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me career advice, I'll give you dating advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: I do know some things.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
I do know some things.gif
1 MB, 500x281
So, /adv/, my life has been really fucked up recently and everything I built in my 20s fell apart, but I've got another chance in a new city where I don't know anyone. My experience is in a position that requires a lot of connections when you're starting out (financial advisor).

I think I need a completely new career. What's a good growing field I should look into?

Also, I'd be happy to answer any dating questions anyone might have, that's something I know I'm good at, at least.
>>
Have you tried recruitment / hr field? You'd need good people skills but with your knowledge in finances you'd make a good recruiter. And it's mainly a feminine field = tons of chicks and virtually no men at work.
>>
>>16890206

Hmm, recruiter is another networking-dependent position, though. I know some recruiters and all the reasons I don't want to go back into finance probably count double for that position. Something on the back end of HR could be good? Though I'm not sure if I'd consider tons of chicks and no men a plus - I've been the only man in estrogen-dominated offices before and it's less fun than it sounds. Thanks, though, that's something I hadn't really considered.

I'm basically an introvert with sales skills - if someone comes into my office I can sell them on whatever, and I always ace interviews, but I hate making phone calls and networking doesn't come naturally to me. I don't know if I can handle living by professional networking again. Especially when I'm starting from knowing absolutely no one here.

I got into finance because I nearly got a PhD in econ, but my ex-fiancee broke up with me during finals week and I was kicked out of the program after failing my exams. That was part 1 of how my life got messed up.
>>
File: hard times.gif (489 KB, 497x373) Image search: [Google]
hard times.gif
489 KB, 497x373
>>16890245

Anyway, part 2 was really all about my parents divorcing. I've spent the last year mediating my own parents' divorce after 40 years of marriage, selling their house, and moving to another state with my mom. I left my former career in the process and now I'm trying to start over with something new. The NEET life is losing its charm.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.