[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is it time to call it "no contact, ever" quits?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1455374683228.jpg (522 KB, 3000x2001) Image search: [Google]
1455374683228.jpg
522 KB, 3000x2001
When is it time to call it "no contact, ever" quits?

Girlfriend and I are on the rocks. If I don't leave her now, I know I will when someone better comes along. That's not "right," so I decided to wind it down now. The problem is the girl is trying her hardest to be emotionally abusive and difficult promising me everything to get me to stick around, delivering 30% of what was promised if I stay & not acting right in general, bitching me out when I have a problem with it, and then crying her eyes out when I fire back against the bitchiness.

I hate cutting things off completely with people I've invested myself in. I can do it, but it's hard for me. I want to be friends with this girl, but she's doing everything she can to manipulate it into everything but friends.

Is it time to give up and go full "no contact" on her? I know full well that she will be hitting me up for a month straight once she realizes what I'm doing... and probably after that too. I want to be friends very badly, but I also don't want to do things that are going to be unhealthy for my life.

Who has experience with this and feels like sharing?
>>
>>16889800
why not just, y'know, break up with her?
>>
>on the rocks

means what exactly? arguing a lot? can't seem to come to compromise about something?
>>
>>16889812
Well.... because I would like to be friends with her. And so when I tell her "y'know, I love you, but I can't take anymore" i.e. when I'm close to quitting, she changes enough to want to give her another shot.

SO I guess that answer boils down to:
>I want her
>So I'm being a pussy about it
She's had lots and lots of shots at making good on her promises. It's still hard to keep saying no when she's hitting you up every day begging for you.
>>
>>16889800

Why do you want to be friends? She's just your former cunt. Grow up, move on.
>>
>>16889816
>means what exactly? arguing a lot? can't seem to come to compromise about something?
It means I'm losing interest in putting in the effort and work to maintain a positive and healthy relationship.

As for why I feel that way, there are many reasons. First and foremost, I don't feel "heard" in the relationship. The girl is one of the shittiest communicators I've ever dated. She tries to interrupt, talk over me, yell and get loud but then tell me my voice is too loud, just controlling and hypocritical shit like that. She'll go off bout something and when it's my turn to respond after I've listened patiently to all of her bullshit... she interrupts me on the first sentence to tell me why what I've just said isn't right. This understandably pisses me off and i spend a lot of time explaining to her how to converse like a fucking adult. I hate being interrupted after I've waited patiently to respond and I have something to say.

Second, I feel lied to and strung on, which is something that makes me want to go full high school on the woman. When we first starting dating, the sex was kinky and intense. She made lots of promises to me about exploring more. We had a few threesomes that went well, etc., and do hard drugs together, two very important things to me in a partner. Well after I started getting pissed and angry at her shitty conversational techniques and we started having problems, that all went right the fuck out of the window. Now, the sex is boring for me. She loves it; I couldn't give less of a fuck about the sex because it's all work and no fun now.

Then there's the drunken bitchiness. I've never met a woman who gets so fucking bitchy when she's drunk. She has straight up ignored me at shows I've taken her to to the point that *other women have come up to hit on me thinking I'm single and alone lol* This obviously causes issues, as if she's too stupid to realize that ignoring me signals to other woman that I'm available.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.