[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need money.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: GettyImages-478986316.0.jpg (447 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-478986316.0.jpg
447 KB, 3000x2000
Poorfag here. What can I do in my spare time to bring in enough income so I can actually pay my 14k debt and make my family comfortable? I already have a job and our entire income goes to bills, debt, and living expenses, but if I got rid of my debt we'd have an extra $300 every month which would be phenomenal for us. We're already on food stamps just because we couldn't fucking eat otherwise, and I hate using that government welfare bullshit because it makes me feel so fucking useless. Wat do.
My wife and I have already budgeted and budgeted. We don't even buy fast food. And all the money saving techniques we've looked up say "cut out that $5 coffee!" but we don't even fucking drink coffee unless it comes from our shitty coffee maker. I'm just trying to do right by my family.

Also I don't want to do anything illegal.
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>16889239
Can you post your budget? We might see some areas where you can adjust.

How many hours do you work per week? It seems that $300 a month could be made within a few part time shifts. It wouldn't be great, but if you got a second job that could make the difference.

Other than that, do you have any skills? Can you build or craft things to sell on Etsy or something?

Being poor sucks a lot, so I feel your pain. I finally finished my PhD and moved cities to start a postdoc and I'm poor as dirt. I think I will be out of debt within a year though, especially if I stick to the good spending habits I developed in grad school. It will be really nice to be able to buy beer on the weekends!
>>
Suggest stripping to your wife...couple extra bucks
>>
What kind of debt is it? If it's credit card, try refinance it. That can help drop the Apr from like 17 to 5-10%
>>
File: 1443153835712.jpg (43 KB, 960x528) Image search: [Google]
1443153835712.jpg
43 KB, 960x528
>>16889239
Wrong candidate for being a poorfag.

Welp the frugal way is to
>live with roomates
>never eat out
>no cable and basic internet
>ensure 8 hours of sleep so no excessive electricity bills, late night snacks, etc.
>never spend more than $70 per person per week for food. Should be under but that changes according to location.
>you don't NEED a car

I'm sure there's more. If you both work I fail to see how you are struggling so bad
>inb4 useless private school degree
>>
>>16889239
Stop being an autist

this best way to get your money would be to fake a liability suit by slipping and falling on a private company's property. You could sue for 15k.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.