[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
like you always see shaving cream/shampoo/razor blades/vitamins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
like you always see shaving cream/shampoo/razor blades/vitamins marketed to men and women

is there an actual difference or just re branded snake oil
>>
Men's shampoo usually doesn't make your hair as poofy.
>>
>>16895929
I meant more in the term - flat out not work or even give me cancer
>>
>>16895945

>will using the shampoo of another gender give me cancer

jesus christ are you really this fucking dumb? seriously? holy crap this is thedumbest thing ive ever heard.

and its not the first time im hearing this. my little brother saw me grab a bottle of blond hair dye that had a woman on the cover.

>BUT ANON THATS GIRL DYE
>so?
>WELL... ER... ISNT IT BAD FOR YOU?
>do you really think male and female hair is so drastically different that using the product will somehow harm me?

he was like 10 at the time. you are not 10 OP. at least i hope not.
>>
>>16895953
I never learned it in school. Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. What about vitamins
>>
>>16895923

Yes, it's snake oil. The only difference is that some products tend to put "girly" smells in their shit.

Some anon told once that razorblades for women have a different kind of "metal" but I will call it bullshit: I have used both and never felt a difference.
>>
>>16895968

>i never learned it in school

never learned what? dude if something is going to cause cancer to a man, its not safe to use in a womans hair. think for one second. we are the same fucking species.

>what about vitamins

womens vitamins tend to be geared more towards helping them aesthetically and helping with menstruation. that does not make any womens vitamins suddenly cancer to a man.

mens on the other hand tend to be more about not losing your hair, building muscle etc.

but its all the same vitamins for the most part. different doses, nothing fatal or cancerous.
>>
Shaving cream - just get an electric razor already.
Shampoo - actually different, as different hairstyles are desired.
Creams and stuff - the smell is different. It matters, as women notice.
vitamins - eat healthy
>>
>>16895923
they're essentially the same, with just different tweaks here and there. the only big example i can think of is that i started using the men's version of that gilette fusion manual razor mainly because it's slightly cheaper than the female version and the blades come with that little precision blade on the top that comes in handy. other than very minor details like that, the only real difference is usually the smell of the product
>>
Of those examples, vitamins are the only thing different. Men and women have different needs.
>>
>>16895923
Short answer yes,there's a difference.
>shaving cream
All hair follicles are not the same. Whereas men only put shaving cream on their faces (maybe balls?) women use them in a variety of different places, which requires different amounts of the chemicals they use. Remember that the ingredients listing on a product is in order of most to least.
>razor blades. Women's razor blades have a different shape and are made of a different metal composite. They also usually have a little strip for soothing skin.
>Shampoo
A man's hair is usually a lot shorter and a lot less oily than a woman's, and it would also take less damage because of that. Women's hair is much more high maintenance.
>vitamins
Different amounts due to the storage of fat around the body and how long it would take to use them up.
>>
Not OP, but
What about hair removal cream? Women vs Men
>>
>>16896076

you'd have to do some googling to get specific, but mens might be stronger. men do tend to have thicker body hair than women. it might also just not smell as nice, or it may not come with as nice soothening aspect to it (which is pointless either way cuz you'll want to soothe yourself after the fact regardless).

but if you wanna compare these things its best to google the products themself and see what hte differences are.
>>
>>16896076
I've never seen men's hair removal cream.
>>
>>16895972
this, the smell is different
and the bottle...
both are based on a chemical called SDS, all the other ingredients are for nice look and smell.
>>
>>16895923
It's mostly a branding thing, but you can check the labels and see what's in them or what they do for the differences.
I'm assuming men's razors are usually made with shaving facial hair in mind, while women's razors are usually made with body hair mind.
For shampoos and hair products go with your hair type: thin straight hair, thick curly hair, etc.
Basically >>16896016 with vitamins. Check the label to see if it's what you need.
You won't get cooties if you use the pink razors.
>>
Here're the facts.

Women will always pay more for superficial things.
The classic example is dry cleaning.
A man dry cleans his suit for far less than woman dry cleans her dress.
Why?
Because he'll make an argument about it long before she will.

So that's true in many other places.
Shampoo is always the same.
Conditioner, however, it a different beast.
It may make a difference, but I can't say.

Deodorant is the same except for scent. Buy cheapest.

Razor blades are a fucking scam. That's why they're under the fucking glass cabinet.
Women pay more for less blades.
Buy men's blades, ladies.

Better yet get online deals.

Vitamins are actually different.
Because women bleed a quart of blood each month, they need a lot more iron than men.

And men need a lot more Vit A then women because we're always making sperm, while women stopped making gametes when they were still fetuses.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.