[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I Get the Girl Back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
I want to make this as concise as possible. I was in my first relationship. She's young. She was really into me at the start and I wasn't. Tables turned. She lost interest and later we broke up because of something menial I did. I made the mistake of fighting like a dog to convince her to stay. As soon as I stopped caring she ran back. The same problem happened and she essentially kept me on the side like a toy.

I broke up with her. She lost interest because I was a bitch during the whole relationship, caring and investing too much. I know she really likes me and who I am but she's not going to love a bitch. I've cut contact with her since and plan to do so for a month. I want to know if I can spark her interest and love again. I know if that's possible her behaviour will fall in place so we can continue like a normal couple. I just want to if this is fixable and what I should do after the month of no contact and advice for the future.
>>
>>16884078
Oh boy, a relationship where both sides have no respect for each other. Look, you've both been playing each other, there's zero expectations of honesty. You want to get back together? Fine, flirt relate, do whatever to get back there. But very soon one of you will fuck the other over again. You can accept this, and keep the cycle going, or you can grow past it and find something less toxic. That's my advice.
>>
>>16884106
I feel like this is just because of how young she is. I've tried the honesty and respect thing but she's dumb and immature. She wants the stupid game. But does this mean were not right for each other? Isn't this something we can grow past at some point as long as we keep it held down until then? This is a phase most girls go through so don't I just have to play along until she grows out if it and becomes serious? I'm quite aware that there will be lots of suffering until then. It's a shitty relationship dynamic but were essentially going to be only a couple by name and it'll basically be and "open" relationship.
>>
>>16884131
A relationship therapist would advice against this. You have a conflict of interest. One you want a relationship where you publicly identify as a couple, but also consider it "open". These are two different things and don't work at the same time. You or her will end up feeling cheated regardless, and this will only fuel arguments.

Maybe you both are looking for different things, and she is not willing to provide what you want, and likely never will. Sorry dude.
>>
>>16884186
Well, I think I'll play her game. I know she's immensely jealous so it might force her to he exclusive when I fuck around too but I won't count on it. I'll let her take all the dick she wants. I know that when I act certain ways it makes her go crazy. I'm sure I can adapt to her bullshit. I'll run with it as long as I can and see how it goes. I won't be surprised if I can't do it.

Why am I being so stubborn, irrational and persistent? Simply because she's my first and I don't want to let go of the feeling that only your first provides. Maybe this is wrong but I think as long as she's in my life and I know what I'm doing and see what's going on, I should be happier than if she's gone, even if I end up in a better relationship. I'll be with her but pretend we're not together so it doesn't hurt as much. I won't try to be a part of her life like before. I'll wait until next week and have a talk. I'm going to let her know she's a lying piece of deceptive shit who took advantage of me and lied about what she wanted and doesn't want to own up to her actions. I hope that if we don't last and my "long term" plan doesn't work that I'll at least get my fill of this. I'm already working on letting go and will continue to do that.
>>
>my first relationship
>She's young
>dramarama
nope.scr
>>
>>16884252
I know. Kill me.
>>
>>16884078

>I was in my first relationship

ok. no problem there.

>She's young

now i'm assuming that you're one of those old loners who go after young girls because they are dumb.

>As soon as I stopped caring she ran back. The same problem happened and she essentially kept me on the side like a toy.

getting played by a child... sigh

>I know she really likes me

Being this delusional

>I want to know if I can spark her interest and love again.

chasing her will just feed her ego and make you look even more pathetic.

>what I should do after the month of no contact and advice for the future.

move on and man up creepy.
>>
>>16884316
I'm 21. I have no doubt in my mind that she likes me even when I try to convince myself otherwise. It may not be a lot, but it's definitely more than others. Yes I got played by a child but I was also lied to and deceived by her because of her words and actions. It's my first relationship and she seemed so damn honest. She dropped hints once in a while but at the start her negative attitude toward certain things was only exaggerations so I assumed it was the same thing for the other bad parts. I think I'm just going to have to go back in and adapt to her game and see where things go. I'm going to have to really be disconnected though.
>>
>>16884353

Jesus man, i can smell your desperation from here, cringe as fuck, anyway, you didn't came here looking from any realistic insight, you just want someone to valid your dumb plan, then go ahead, fail miserably or get played again by this girl, mind to say how old she is?(please don't say that's a 16 yo girl).
>>
>>16884373
She's 18. I honestly was coming here for advice but I was led to a few realizations that made me change my train of thought. I've come here a number of times before and listened to things I really didn't want to follow and it's helped. Sometimes it fucked me over. Yes, I'm desperate only because I'm so scared that love will be ruined for me after her so I'm willing to run this into the ground. I'm constantly hearing that future relationships will be better and more satisfying but there will be things missing that the first didn't have.

If somebody wants to tell me why this plan won't work, assuming I genuinely adapt to her ways of living and wanting to be in an open relationship, and successfully detach myself enough so that it makes her run after me, I'm all for it. If somebody wants to tell me why it won't work either way, I'm also willing to listen but might not follow if I don't agree. Honestly I'm willing to listen to anything because it only gives me more insight.
>>
>>16884395
>I'm constantly hearing that future relationships will be better and more satisfying but there will be things missing that the first didn't have.
And why I'm trying so hard is because I believe this can end up working one way or another so perhaps in time I can have my cake and eat it too.

If I actually carry out my actions properly, is it really that outlandish to think that I can stay with her long enough and wait until she settles down? It will be like going our separate ways and doing want we want until we come back to each other in however many years except without leaving each other fully.

Am I living in a fairy tail? Or just trying to do something extremely difficult?
>>
>>16884395

>I'm so scared that love will be ruined for me after her so I'm willing to run this into the ground

this was really sad to read, i legitimately feel bad for you.

>If somebody wants to tell me why this plan won't work

because your relationship with her failed not one. but twice!

> I genuinely adapt to her ways of living and wanting to be in an open relationship
>wanting to be in an open relationship
>open relationship

you literally have no self respect... or maybe you're just a cuck, who knows?!

>If somebody wants to tell me why it won't work either way, I'm also willing to listen but might not follow if I don't agree.

because your relationship with her failed not one. but twice!2

have ever you considered seeking help? it sounds like you need to go to therapy really fast, you might go full nuts in the future if don't fix your head
>>
>>16884409

>If I actually carry out my actions properly, is it really that outlandish to think that I can stay with her long enough and wait until she settles down?

sigh...

>It will be like going our separate ways and doing want we want until we come back to each other in however many years except without leaving each other fully.

you have an completely messed up view of reality dude, take my previous advice and seek help urgently!

>Am I living in a fairy tail? Or just trying to do something extremely difficult?

yes and yes, nearly impossible.
>>
>>16884439
Well...can you honestly tell me why an open relationship won't work? I know it's something very few people can do mentally, but I'm sure she'll crack so quickly before I do. I know how jealous she is. She wants me all to herself but doesn't want to reciprocate. I'll play her game then. As soon as I stray a little I found she runs back. She wants 2 things that are literally impossible to have. She wants to be "serious" but fuck around. If doing this can make her realize she doesn't want to do this then we'll see if she wants to change and settle or just split because she doesn't want me that much

The first breakup wasn't very "legitimate". The second one was but there has been a change in attitude"

I really want to test this out to see if I can do it and see if it works.

>yes and yes, nearly impossible.
But can you tell me what about it is nearly impossible? You seem to have a lot of answers but don't want to explain. I'm very open to opinions and yes they will help me.
>>
>>16884470

>she loves me, she gets jealous about me being with other women, but its completely fine when she fucks around, i'm such a lucky man!

... i'm done with you dude, i've tried my best to help you, but you're already lost cause, good look being an pathetic cuck.
>>
>>16884499
Damn nigga. You just gon' leave a human behind like that?

Look, I'm planning to actually sit her down and telling her everything that's fucked up with how she is. Clearly she's fucked up and needs help so I want to talk it out and see if anything resonates in her. If not, then it probably won't work. She, believe it or not, is a very reasonable person. Maybe she'll actually listen and change. If not and she wants to go on as a crazy misguided moron, then I promise myself I'll stop pursuing. If she actually listens and decides she wants to take the route of an open relationship, we will talk it out, set some rules and maybe actually try it. If all goes well, she'll realize she's retarded and maybe calm down. I won't depend on that because a change like that needs time.
>>
>>16884512

i already got it dude, you're trolling me, your thread was a good bait, would rate 8/10, bye.
>>
>>16884519
Are you joking...
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.