[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dropped out of high school last April. I've been a NEET
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 640x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 640x365
I dropped out of high school last April. I've been a NEET ever since then and I don't know what to do besides kill myself. I'm afraid of going outside and being around people in general so I can't go outside. I'm over 350 pounds now so even if I could go outside I wouldn't be able to work anywhere. I don't want to be a burden to my parents anymore so can someone please help me end my useless life?
>>
Do it yourself fatass
>>
Hey. I've been depressed for about 7 years now. I'm 18 too, finishing high school. I've been hospitalized for trying to kill myself. I know you're probably tired of hearing that it's a temporary solution, blah blah blah. I know there are probably all kinds of things that led up to you feeling this way. But I really, really hope you don't kill yourself. Just take it day by day. If you want to lose weight, it really does make you feel better. I've been losing weight and it's helped with my self esteem, to an extent. I started at about 300, now I'm down to 200. I didn't even exercise, I just found other shit to do like play vidya and guitar. Find something you enjoy doing and maybe you'll feel like staying a little longer. Jobs aren't hard to come by, you're only 18 and as much as it sucks now, you'll get better if you try a little everyday. Find a hobby, it helps.
>>
Start a journal. Write down the things that make you feel angry or worthless. It helps to vent, I think. I mean, yeah, death is great and all but it's probably not as fun when you aren't content with what you've accomplished. I think we're probably alike in more ways than just wanting to kill ourselves. Let's fucking get our shit together and find what makes us want to live, because it's out there. I'm goddamn sure of it. Then when we die we'll look back at life like, "damn, look at all of what I did," instead of, "This is terrible, I can't do it anymore."
>>
>>16876839
>not even educated on a HS level
>obese as fuck, 350 pounds
>unable to work

I don't see point in going on. Either get yourself together, lose weight, get over your meme social anxiety illness, find a job/go to school, or well, kill yourself. Looks like you're already on your way to eating yourself to death, so you don't even need any help with that.
>>
>>16876839
You could turn your life around easy, not with that attitude though. You need to become someone else.
>>
>>16876879
>>16877104

Well, you aren't really helping. I know it's 4chan, but on this board you could actually try to be helpful. Real people with real problems. OP's miserable and I haven't got a response, so maybe dead already. He's 18, not really cool to just tell him to kill himself.
>>
>>16876839
if you can afford it, buy a treadmill
>>
>>16877146
Look, he's 18, not 8. He's mature enough to understand that being fat, crazy and without education is not a way to go nowadays. He has two options: snap out of it or succumb to that self pity and wah I'm poor and dream of painless suicide and eat himself to death, like I said before. 4chan isn't a hugbox, and there are no many options for him. He should see a therapist and dietitian, but I assume being it's so obvious even OP knows it. He should pursue futher education too.

Yeah, I can tell him to cultivate mindedness and self love and all that shit but I doubt it will help him.
>>
>>16877146

>thinking others can change his life for him.

He needs to do it for himself, you can't hold his hand.
>>
>read the /fit/ sticks and start using myfitnesspal to lose weight
>start working on getting your GED
>most importantly, start trying to find a good therapist. This one will really help you.

I'm sure your parents love you and would be more than happy to help you with these things.
>>
>>16876839

>im afraid of going outside
>so i cant go outside

that was your first mistake. people dont do things because they lack fear. they do it DESPITE their fear.

that is life. that is the fundamental all encompassing truth of life.

>350 pounds

people lose weight. talk to yuor parents. you are a burden now, but in 1 year you can be 50 pounds less. in 3 years you could be human looking. in 4 you could be a normie
>>
File: 1425617119017.jpg (244 KB, 567x800) Image search: [Google]
1425617119017.jpg
244 KB, 567x800
>>16876839
Hey man I used to be in a similar situation to you, I was out of highschool with no diploma for four years, incredibly over weight (380) had no job and just surfed the net and stayed on 4chan.

Until i finally had enough after my third suicide attempt, it was my last year to do anything, so I had myself enrolled in a school transfer program.

They hooked me up with an online course and I got the rest of my credits in the year before I was too old to finish.

Afterwards I started exercising and got into an art college. 2 years later I'm still here lost about 120 pounds and working on an internship for CN.

Long-story short it takes that first step to do anything man, it's always the hardest but do it while you're young, the shittest feeling is waiting until you're in your 20's and around a bunch of 17 year olds.

It's always hard man and it won't be easy but if you really hate the situation you're in, you'll do it, because happiness is something you deserve.
>>
>>16876839
Start walking everyday for a hour. Only drink water. Get your GED or get back to school if you can. It will be over before you know it, and then it's off to the real world where it just keeps getting fucky, but there's way more free time to work on yourself and change the world around you. I hope you find peace.
>>
Hey little man,

Get over your insecurity. Being fat isn't an impedement to living your life. Very few people genuinely care anything about your weight. People will care, however, if you smell and look totally unkempt. I'm in my thirties and my best buddy has always been around 350-400 since I've known him in college. He's married to one of the more attractive women I've ever seen, and he has a good job. He has insecurity, but I've never seen that in him.

So, fake it. People don't care about your weight. Everyone fails. People respect the people that continue going despite the failures.

Find a job. That's a good first step.
>>
Was a neet for 8 years. Dropped out of high school at 16. Now I work part time, going to school, paid off my car, have a couple grand in the bank, looking at apartments.

To start off, get your GED. your local community college probably offers it. Unless you're retarded, you probably won't need to take prep classes but they'll push them on you. Take them if you think you need to, but at the very least look at some GED prep books to get an idea of the caliber of questions. A GED is a great and quick way to get a boost and prove to yourself that you're not hopeless and can make gains.

Do that first. Then get a relative to teach you to drive. Not a license. Just learning how to drive.
>>
Stop eating. Find some source of sustenance and keep it to 1000 calories a day. You will drop like 2kg per week most likely. A year and you're skinny.
You don't even have to work out. If you want to feel more full eat high protein foods like chicken or eggs.

It really helps self-esteem to look nice.
>>
>>16878628
1k is too low. OP needs to find his TDEE and take in -500 calories of that. It'll probably be around 1500 a day.
>>
>>16878640
Doesn't matter really. He should eat much less.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.