[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on this method? I'm getting ready to give it a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: suicide.jpg (363 KB, 1239x795) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
363 KB, 1239x795
Opinions on this method? I'm getting ready to give it a go(The reasons don't really matter), and I had some questions.

I hear that the 'balloon time' brand of helium tanks sold pretty much anywhere that you can buy helium as a person that isn't running a business are cut with 20% oxygen. Will this actually prevent me from dieing? Are there alternatives I can pick up as a layman? I live in NYC so buying a gun is out of the question because the place is an authoritarian shithole that doesn't get the same rights as everywhere else in the country. I heard nitrogen is a good alternative but I've googled around and haven't found anywhere that actually sells that shit to laymen. Will two 'balloon time' tanks get the job done to account for the oxygen cutting?
>>
>>16899054
>I live in NYC so buying a gun is out of the question

Nigga, take a bus/train trip. Hitch a ride. Go to Vermont or something. You can pick up a gun easily there.
>>
>>16899058
I'm a poor fag. It would cost a shit load of money to take a trip out of the city and buy a gun. And this is the north. I can't just walk into a store, go 'Hello good sir, I'd like one shotgun, please!' and walk out with it. Waiting periods and background checks abound, and they're not going to sell it to me when my address is in NYC.

Have you never bought a gun before?

Besides, this isn't a gun thread, I need help with this particular method.
>>
>>16899054
>I hear that the 'balloon time' brand of helium tanks sold pretty much anywhere that you can buy helium as a person that isn't running a business are cut with 20% oxygen. Will this actually prevent me from dieing?
Fun fact: Earth's atmosphere is only 20% oxygen (most of the rest is nitrogen). That's why helium is cut by the same amount: it's not the atmosphere you're used to, but it's perfectly breathable. Scuba divers use it sometimes.

So yeah; an 80/20 helium/oxygen mix will not kill you.
>>
>>16899068
Shit. That sucks. Well, at least that saves me some money. So I'll have to find a pure source, then. But people are fucking faggots and are interfering with folk's right to end themselves so it's hard as shit finding a pure source.
>>
File: Child_support_Pepe.jpg (20 KB, 478x308) Image search: [Google]
Child_support_Pepe.jpg
20 KB, 478x308
>>16899054
>I hear that the 'balloon time' brand of helium tanks sold pretty much anywhere that you can buy helium as a person that isn't running a business are cut with 20% oxygen. Will this actually prevent me from dieing?

Virtually all "retail" helium bottles contain 20% o2. As you guessed, it's blended that way specifically to stop people doing the exit bag routine.

As for keeping you alive, yes it would. Atmospheric air is just under 21% o2, so you'd definatley have enough to keep you alive. There is however, a good chance of long term irreversable brain damage. Your haemoglobin has the same affinity for He as it does for o2, and because your body can't tell which one you're inhaling you have no idea if you're getting 20% o2 or 2% - He doesn't have an oxidation state, so the two gasses remain seperate in the bottle. You could potentially be getting just enough o2 to stay alive but not quite enough to prevent tissue (including brain tissue) damage.
>>
>>16899054
Why do people overcomplicate suicide? It's literally easier than taking a shit.

Here I'll give you a step by step guide.
>step one
Acquire a belt, any belt
>step 2
Wrap belt around neck above adam'ss apple
>step 3
Sit down but lean back
>step 4
Pull belt tight and quickly loop it
>step 5
Wait 5 seconds and you'll black out and never wake up again

Children accidentally kill themselves like this everyday, it's called the choking game.
>>
>>16899091
That sounds stupid as shit but I'll look into it.

Suicide is actually pretty complicated if you want to die without extreme suffering. I've handled a lot of death in my career and dieing isn't nearly as quick or surreal as shit like movies try to make it seem. It's usually pretty fucking horrible, actually. Hence my drive to find something reasonably light on the suffering/prolonged death department.

>>16899090
Feels bad man. I don't know why there's so much stigma to making suicide doable. Someone that's determined to actually do it will find a method no matter what. Why be a fucking asshole and make it so their only recourse is finding brutal as fuck ways to kill themselves like jumping in front of trains and crap?
>>
>>16899087
Yeah dude I feel you. It really does suck having not known the fundamental constituent elemental make up of the planet you're so ready to leave. Embarrassing. I'd want to kill myself too now, for being such an ignorant fool.
>>
>>16899106
>Being smug about some unimportant shit that literally 99.9% of the species is never going to care about because they aren't chemist and it has no impact on their day to day life and thus isn't memorized beyond highschool science class.

I'm so impressed.
>>
>>16899099
>That sounds stupid as shit but I'll look into it.
Proof you don't actually want to kill yourself and you're just here attention whoring.

Either do it or FUCK OFF. That method works, stop over complicating it you moron, cutting off the blood supply to your brain will kill you in 4 minutes.

You're just a fucking attention whoring piece of shit.
>>
>>16899099
>>16899117
And to add, it's totally painless. Which you would know if you actually did have to deal with people "dying" because you'd know BASIC HUMAN ANATOMY.

Now do it you fucking attention whore.
>>
>>16899117
I've never heard of this shit, and never read about it in material actually covering the subject. Fuck off with your overly defensive bullshit.

I want shit that actually works, not shit that will leave me in a hospital with some permanent injury just because you want to be funny. Choking to death isn't painless. It's definitely not the worst way to go, but it's still painful. I'm willing to tolerate some pain, but the notion that you'll get knocked out in 5 seconds is bullshit. I said I'd look into it and make an informed choice.

That's why I'm fucking here. For advice so I can make an informed choice. Fucking excuse me for taking the time to ask questions and then make an educated decision after getting some points of view from other people on something that's literally life or death. If I'm going to die I'm going to do it right and not end up a fucking potato.
>>
>>16899132
>Choking to death isn't painless
You idiot.

You aren't cutting off your windpipe you're cutting off your carotid arteries.

It's totally fucking painless.

Get a belt and hold it tight around your throat but don't loop it, you'll pass out in 5 fucking seconds you moron and that's NOT CUTTING OFF YOUR WINDPIPE.

THIS IS BASIC FUCKING ANATOMY.

You're just an attention whore.
>>
>>16899147
>Any and all attempts at advice on an advice board are attention whoring
>Amongst anonymous strangers
Right, buddy.
>>
>>16899151
>Any and all attempts at advice on an advice board are attention whoring
>Amongst anonymous strangers
>making assumptions
>being a retard
He wants to kill himself, says he has dealt with people dying yet hasn't heard of the 3rd most common suicide method?

Yeah he's an attention whore.
>>
>>16899164
I was in the Army. Not a hospital. I've heard of people hanging themselves with everything from ropes to canteen straps. I've never heard, nor read of someone just tieing a belt around their neck and actually succeeding in killing themselves. And it's not in any books like Final Exit.

So hop off your bullshit high horse.
>>
>>16899147
As a martial artist I use this method to knock people out often. And no its not painless. Its only a very short burst of uncomfort if its executed perfectly.
>>
>>16899172
>>16899184
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xLgHSKcdO4

OP I'm sorry for being a cunt I was just having an episode and let all my hatred/anger fly on you so disregard all the hate I spewed.

What I'm talking about is very real though and you can test it yourself, google the choking game or watch the video I just linked, I used to do it myself as a child and I can tell you it's painless.

You can do it right now in your chair, take both your hands, find your arteries (look for a pulse on both sides) and apply direct pressure against them with your fingers, you will pass out and it's painless.
>>
>>16899172
Just because you've never heard of it doesn't make it false, that's a common misconception.

https://en wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Choking_game_age_distribution.png
>>
>>16899200
Alright, well I gave it a shot and to my surprise it does actually work. I pressed until I started to get light headed and have the tell-tale stars in my eyes before I stopped because I don't feel like breaking my keyboard with my face or something. At least with my thumbs, anyway. Not exactly sure how I'm going to pull it off with the belt, though. Should I use a hard one, like leather, or is a softer one better so if can get snugger under the jaw, or is that bad because it may not apply enough pressure?

Seems like every case of it from the video is people doing it with their hands. A belt seems pretty wonky.
>>
Don't. You can get through this. x
>>
>>16899218
Yeah man it works. Although I don't know you or what you've been you honestly you shouldn't kill yourself.

Life is untapped joy and you're at the centre of it. Why do you want to kill yourself?
>>
You are beautiful just the way you are anon and I love you.

Unless you're a faggot.
>>
>>16899229
The personal reasons aren't that important and droning on about it would slide a little too close towards actual attention whoring, but the sum of it is one part persistent and unsolvable physical pain from my time in the service, one part inescapable poverty and wage-slavery with pretty much no chance of upward mobility any time soon, and one part just total boredom with the concept of being alive anyway. I'm comfortable with the concept of death and am not really that afraid of it. I just want to not suffer a ton in the process of it.

I pretty much made my mind up about it a few weeks ago and have just been doing the research to make sure I get it right since I'll only really have one shot at a dignified death.
>>
>>16899246
That's really sad anon. I wish life was better for you and I'm really sorry for acting like a child and throwing that tantrum at you.
>>
YOU SHOULD NOT KILL YOURSELF

sure you feel shit now but you may feel different in a few years although it feels like nothing exists outside of how you feel now . if your own life is crap then at least you could try and make others better by volunteering for a charity or something similar , you would be surprised how well this works and you owe it to yourself to try . besides it costs nothing at all . just the sacrifice of some free time . what your doing in your free time is looking up ways to kill yourself . think about it . I know loads of substance abusers and mentally unhealthy people who have improved they're lives this way and its cheaper than 100 bucks . remember this moment , remember how low you feel now for the rest of your life . remember it and laugh about it in a few years when everything is different , remember it when other bad shit happens to you in future as a reference point knowing everything can change .

regarding poverty , life isnt a contest , advertisers try to sell us a lifestyle that most of us could not afford , so what if somebody has more money/a better house/car/phone than you? . dwelling on it will just make you unhappy . many people have far less than you and are happy , you are literate , you own a computer , you are richer and more priviledged than many people in the world .
>>
>>16899054
you could substitute with nitrogen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag
>>
OP, please watch this : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D1QoyTmeAYw and this : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cETHTPeGvEc
>>
>>16900566
The main problem with substitute gases is actually finding a place to buy some. I'm poor as shit to begin with, and I've been checking around for a few days and haven't found any places that actually sell the stuff to laymen arounnd NYC. What complicates this stuff is that regulations in recent years are making it harder and harder to buy these kinds of gasses unless you're buying them wholesale as a business. I'm considering renting but I don't have a credit card and the companies I've looked at for rental require a rather substantial security deposit before you even get to the renting fee itself. Regardless, I'll keep it as a pocket strategy.

I'm leaning on that belt idea brought up earlier, though. Playing around with it a bit I get the feeling it'll get the job done.
>>
ด็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
>>
>>16900506
I appreciate the concern, but you wouldn't be very interested in longevity either if you were afflicted with physical pain 24/7 just from walking, standing, or even just laying down to sleep. There is no 'fix' for it, and I've got a life time of medication to look forward to, as well as the condition growing worse. I'm also steadily going deaf.

Although this isn't really about money, being 27 and living with a parent because of being too poor to sustain yourself also isn't very nice either. I don't really give a shit about owning a bunch of fancy stuff, I'm actually a pretty frugal person with fairly cheap hobbies in the long run. My decision is based off of calculating how much I was willing to put up with, weighed against the potential benefits of longevity. The benefits aren't really there when you're both poor and disabled. I'm not some angsty teenager, I have serious issues that are literally unfixable.
>>
>>16899063
you're contemplating becoming an hero and you bitch about the price of a road trip + gun?
>>
>>16900897
Fuck, I wouldn't usually do this but any fall above 32 feet is fatal no matter what. I'd like you to reconsider before you do it however, would your parent rather stay poor or lose you? That's a question you need to ask yourself. Life isn't just about you it's about the people who love you.
>>
>>16900952
He's just saying he can't afford it lol. I didn't know that all suicidal people were rich
>>
>>16900958
>contemplating death
>all material possessions are moot after that point
>fucking sell your shit so you have the money to buy a shitty gun and a box of ammo
>???
>profit!
>>
What's your problem OP?
Did you drop out of college?
Can't you find a job?
Can't you get laid?
Can't you find your passion in life?
Don't you have a place to call your own?

It's all solvable life problems which almost everyone faces and almost everyone manages to deal with.
My bet is that you don't even have enough life experience to even make the decision of taking your own life yet.

Go live some more, then when you've actually dealt with all the things i've listed above, go figure if you still want to kill yourself.
>>
>>16900967
>depressed
>no motivation to live or do anything
>let me spend days and hours selling my shit
Plus somebody randomly selling their shit is like a universal red flag for somebody being suicidal. If somebody found out his cover would be blown and he may be committed
>>
>>16900967
I don't really have anything to sell. I literally live out off of a box and duffel bag. My only luxury possession is my shitty computer. Poor people don't generally have shit to sell.

Hence why I'm sticking to cheap methods. If I had a thousand dollars sitting around to go out of town, buy a shotgun, and then afford the lodging while I waited through the waiting periods and background checks to actually get it since I live in the north-east, then I would.

>>16900955
I considered this, but most places with any sort of height here in NYC have security measures in place to prevent that sort of thing.

All in all, the belt method seems like the winner. Thanks for the help, /adv/. At this point the thread is devolving into off topic stuff, so I'm not going to respond anymore.
>>
>>16899054
Asphyxiating doesn't sound painless unless you're already passed out. Have you ever seen someone start hyperventilating? That shit does not look comfy. It looks stressful, and you'll likely start freaking out and trying to claw around for a way to breathe. At least cutting your carotid or femoral artery will likely result in you passing out before dying.

But I'm not one for no-suffering methods.
>>
I feel like whatever your problems are, there are probably better solutions to them than suicide.

Why not just see a therapist or something instead?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.