[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dating profile rate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: ZZZOKC.png (44 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
ZZZOKC.png
44 KB, 1024x1024
Post your dating profiles and help others who post theirs.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Hondastatic
>>
>>16881800
Femanon here. I think your description is very nice. It's a good mix between humorous, down to earth, having interests and being a good person. The thing i PERSONALLY don't like is the smoking. But that's just my preference. Good on you on being honest. Also, check the spelling of kaleidoscope.
The other issue are the pics. You look so different in them. I have NO idea how you look now. And they aren't really flattering. I'm sure you could take better ones! The snowmobile one is ok. It's nice to have some pics of you being active up. Take the others down and retake current ones.
>>
>>16881832
What's the best way to open up a conversation with a girl? The ones I message usually have the same interest as me (nerdy stuff, outdoorsy stuff, music) but I feel like I come off as a dope.
>>
>>16881844

I usually look at their profile and find out what they do for fun, then I'll message them something like

>I found you on my matches. That means we're supposed to watch netflix and cuddle, right..

or

>How does this work? We're dating now, right?

Usually works if they think I'm attractive. Just met a cute asian girl on okc who's up for casual sex. Used the first line on her.
>>
>>16881800
>straight
>man
>curvy
isnt it suppose to be husky. no girls will get the joke if its suppose to be a joke. and if its not a joke, thats gay.
>>
>>16882086
At the time (and still now, that I look at it) there wasn't a "husky" option. "Overweight" just sounds bad and "a little extra" sounds dishonest, so I'll just blank the field and try to use some honest photos.
>>
>>16882115
Just put average dude
>>
>>16882075
I'll give these a shot. Any tips for hitting up girls outside of your immediate area? I live in the boonies and most of the chicks out here aren't really my type.
>>
>>16882121
Just treat it the same. I usually mention how long it would take me to get to their place after they say they're interested in meeting.

I only meet with people within an hour drive. Not worth anything more than that.
>>
>>16882214
I keep trying to get to talking to the chicago girls, but so far no luck. Guess I'll keep plugging away at it.
>>
>>
>>16882682
>Art History

Sounds like a loser with no interest in productively contributing to society
0/10
>>
>>16882682
>Christian (and it's important)
If you took that down to the next peg, that could help a little.
>>
>>16882682
Are you really a girl, seriously fuck off, why do women come here? Are they trying to get some easy austimbux?
>>
>>16882731
>Why won't those hot skanks ever date me? Fucking whores.
>>
>>16882731

fuck off to >>>/r9k/
>>
>>16882682
Maleanon, guess I've been out of the game a bit but I met my gf on OKC, I think maybe even exactly a year ago (or at least first messaged)

Get a better profile pic.

And your messages should be something interesting, but not something where it looks like you're try-harding.

Honestly, my experience has all told me that the more time you spend chatting online, the less likely you are to ever meet in person. My best two dates happened after 1 hour of chatting, and we met that same day, and after 3 messages (my gf).

Conversely my longest convo's (one was like 70 messages another was 40 over like 3 weeks) resulted in pretty much absolutely nothing happening.

Who knows, maybe it'll be dif for you.

>>16882682
I'm sure you'll get a lot of guys who will message you just because you're cute, but personally I probably wouldn't have just because your profile lacks a bit of personality.

It says a lot about what you do and like, but doesn't reveal much about who you are, and how you're like. All i get is that you're sweet. Is that all you really want to display?
>>
>>16882731
> a girl
> has a match of 54% with herself
are you retarded?
>>
>>16882682
>26

Damn gurl you look 22 at the oldest.

>dem Aryan genetics tho
>>
what could possibly go wrong...
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/JemFink
>>
>>>/soc/

Also dating sites are for faggots, trolls and whores. Stop being a faggot and go talk to women in real life.
>>
>>16883412
Virgin detected
>>
>>16883412
>I am so alpha
>look at all these betas
>talk to womenz in real life you nerds

Fuck off with the the 'holier than thou' mentality you still frequent the same Thai underwater basket weaving imageboard that we do you faggot.
>>
>>16883401
You kind of come off as defensive, and you bring up politics within the first paragraph. I'd try trimming your profile down by about half.
>>
Just got out of a 3 year relationship and no nothing about how to meet people. Trying my best not to sound too much like a nerdy fag on my profile but once again no experience.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/rho22
>>
File: 1420342241687.jpg (209 KB, 1012x750) Image search: [Google]
1420342241687.jpg
209 KB, 1012x750
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/MalevolentMeows

baby face is killing me. You don't even know. No one wants to date someone who looks 16 but 14 year olds.
>>
>>16883429
>trying to use virgin as an insult
>>
The both of you need some better pictures.

>>16885609
More pictures.

First two sentences on your profile should go somewhere else. Start off on an upbeat note and keep it there. Instead of things like "I'm trying to figure things out, hoping for the best," try "I'm looking forward to what life has next for me."

Mentioning anime and vidya anymore is a death sentence. It sucks, but even remotly showing interest in the subjects pretty much is a mark of death (trust me on this one, I know). Best bet is to just tone that down until you have a girl actually physically meeting you and the two of you are getting comfortable. At that point, it's almost expected that you two start talking about your weird sides.

Lastly, a little extra enthusiasm never hurts. You're here to meet girls, not "meh" girls. Coming off as somewhat depressed is always a red flag.

>>16885620
Self deprecation gets you zip with the ladies. Read what I told the guy above your post, and try to apply it to your profile. Also baby face isn't that horrible; go find a decent barber and get some more mature looking threads. You'll be surprised how quickly you can turn a younger-looking face to your advantage.
>>
>>16885639
I'm not self-deprecating when it comes to girls or my profile. I'm confident and passionate.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.