[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, my girlfriend of two months has completely fallen for me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
So, my girlfriend of two months has completely fallen for me. She loves me and says I'm the best she's ever been with. She always calls me a complete gentleman, tells me I'm the best, always respect her and like for who she is. She said I'm basically her prince charming.

Here's the thing, she's my 1st girlfriend. I've lost my virginity to her and I like her a lot as well. I don't love her yet and she knows this but I'm starting to fall for her. I've never had a girl care and love me for who I am as much as this.

My question is, is it bad that she fell for me so quickly? She says that she me to be her last boyfriend.
>>
>>16867218
It's fine.
Just don't take that for granted no matter how easy it is.

Also know that the way she is towards you now will not last and she will calm down a bit in a few months and act normal with you most of the time.
This is just how a relationship progresses so definitely take note of that and don't think it's weird.

Good luck buddy, I was in your situation over a year ago and I would not want to go back to that time simply because it gets way better as you get to know them more. In my experience anyway.
>>
>>16867250
This.
Sounds like you've got a real nice thing going, OP.
Don't be too hasty or presumptuous, don't sweat the petty stuff, but remember to use common sense.
>>
>>16867218
well after women are done riding the cock carousel with the bad boys they begin to appreciate poindexter like you op.
>>
previous anons are right. enjoy what you got. I'm assuming that we have all had girls that we felt this way with and now it's just sluts and random pussy. not that that sluts or random pussy is bad, on the contrary it is quite enjoyable, but having mutual feelings is something thats lacking in life atm kek
>>
What if this special girl lives far away
And you have no plans/$$ to move?
Im almost 4 years in this relationship and dont know how to deal
>>
>>16867218

>is it bad that she fell for me so quickly?

The first thing you gotta learn is that there aren't any rules. So the only person who can answer that question is you. How do you feel when she says stuff like that to you? Does it make you happy, or does it make you feel doubtful and uneasy?

If you're not sure how you feel, the best answer you can give her is that you're having a great time and you definitely want to continue, you just feel like you need more time before you can start talking about a future like that.

It's natural to be suspicious, because with some people these types of things can be "easy come, easy go," meaning if she could develop such strong feeling so quickly, they might go away or shift to someone else just as easily. But that might not be the case with your girlfriend. So the best thing you can do is just try to continue things as they are, don't make any big promises or match her escalation if you don't feel the same way yet. Just slow it down, keep getting to know her, keep getting to know what you actually want in a relationship now that you're experiencing it.

If she keeps pushing you and pushing you to say "I love you" when you're not ready, that'd be a red flag. If she backs off a bit and lets you move at your own pace until you're more comfortable, that'd be whatever the opposite of a red flag is. A good flag.
>>
>>16867218
its a trick
you will learn in time
for now, just enjoy the ruse while it lasts
>>
>It's natural to be suspicious, because with some people these types of things can be "easy come, easy go," meaning if she could develop such strong feeling so quickly, they might go away or shift to someone else just as easily.

This is what worries me man but she said she's never fell for anyone as quickly as me. She said she's never felt like this before with her ex's.
>>
>>16867542
>She said she's never felt like this before
lol
>>
>>16867544
explain
>>
>>16867457
I concur.
Enjoy while it lasts but don't get emotionally invested.
>>
File: 1376457939016.gif (495 KB, 194x172) Image search: [Google]
1376457939016.gif
495 KB, 194x172
>>16867218

>My question is, is it bad that she fell for me so quickly?

Not entirely. This is how young girls operate. They fall head over heels completely in love, completely infatuated, think they're going to spend the rest of their lives with you but its only because they aren't adults yet and have this oversimplified view of love and relationships and don't actually know what they want yet.

>I've never had a girl care and love me for who I am as much as this.

Be careful. Its nice that you both are still in the honeymoon phase and sparks are flying and everyone's feeling warm and cuddly but DO NOT mistake someone being infatuated for you as a sign of structural integrity in a relationship.

A lot of guys your age (which I assume is pretty young) get to a point where they think that having someone fall for them means they've found the "jackpot" but as you'll get older you'll realize its more complicated.

Some girls just fall like that. Some take some time. Some girls decide they love you the moment they meet you and latch on, either out of dysfunction or abandonment issue but it is up TO YOU to gain experience in spotting these issues and begin to apply it to your endeavors.

This is your first girlfriend, so I'll tell you that you won't be with her forever. You and I both know this. This is your first taste of a clinger.

Now, don't take this the wrong way. We were all young, we all had our juvenile fall hards for the first or second individual who gave us all the attention we could ever want. Just realize that this is definitely temporary, and realize that as soon as things start to get too serious for your liking, its time to end it, even if she's still "in love"

The worst mistake you can make at this age is convincing yourself you're in love with someone just because they're in love with you. If you do, you could find yourself 5 years down the road still with this girl because you didn't have the courage to break her heart.
>>
>>16867542
>>16867554

Nah don't stress out about it if she's shown you no reason to doubt her. Just take it slow and give it time. Don't say "I love you" if you feel like you still need to get to know her better, but don't invent problems just because you feel like you have to make a decision right now. It sounds to me like everything's going good. Just be up-front about how you feel, and carry on with it as you have been.

If she's pressuring you to make some kind of commitment or declaration of love before you're ready, that's a problem. But she's not doing that just by saying she loves you. Not everyone has some hidden agenda, despite what people on 4chan are gonna tell you. It could just be that that's just how she feels, and she feels comfortable enough to say it.
>>
>>16867565
She's admitted it's too early for her to fall for me, she doesn't know why it happened so fast and she's never fallen for someone so quickly before. The first time she said she fell me, she also said "I don't want to fall too early". Not in a bad way or anything.

Yes, we're both well aware we're in the honeymoon phase. What are some signs of structural integrity in a relationship?

How is it more complicated than that man? Please explain man I am so confused. How do I know when I truly love this girl?

Why would I end it? I WANT to be with this girl.
>>
>>16867584
She told me she doesn't want me saying I love you to her unless I absolutely mean it. I told her that I don't love her yet but I'm starting to fall for her.

What do you mean by pressuring me to make some kind of commitment? I don't feel pressure or think she is pressuring me at all. She gives me space and understands my feelings. Everything you are hearing from me right now about how I feel about her, she knows because I tell her everything and she does the same.
>>
>>16867590

She sounds like she's a really good one. Don't worry about what I said about "pressuring you to make a commitment," because from everything you've said, it doesn't apply to your girlfriend at all.
>>
>>16867596
I'm fucking losing my mind here man. I'm up at 3am and I just teared up a little about this girl I don't know why. I guess this topic?

I'm fucking Googling on Yahoo answers shit about love, that's where I'm at right now. I'm so lost right now.

What makes you think she's a really good one? Please tell me why you think this? I don't doubt you, I just want to know your opinon based on what I've wrote.
>>
>>16867604
> I don't doubt you,

I don't she is*
>>
File: 1399607317238.gif (2 MB, 348x323) Image search: [Google]
1399607317238.gif
2 MB, 348x323
>>16867585

>What are some signs of structural integrity in a relationship?

If you're under the age of 25 you're not going to understand. I know that sounds like a bullshit answer but you the way I can explain it to you is that the older you get the harder a relationship is to keep together.

When you're a young kid, relationships are a breeze. There are no heavy financial burdens, no plans to make, just parties and good times and constant sex and when you're done you go back to your house she goes back to hers and everything is peachy keen.

Adult relationships are complicated. There are jobs, careers, bills, aspirations, families, responsibilities. All of these things weigh down on a relationship and it has to be built extremely fucking strong for it to withstand it.

I know you are confused, and that's ok because at your age you're supposed to be confused. None of this is supposed to make sense.

>Why would I end it? I WANT to be with this girl.

And I'm glad that you do right now, my only word of caution was to make sure to keep an eye on this and don't have your head stuck in the love-cloud when the honeymoon jitters wear off and you come to realize you're kind of ready to move on.

I'm sorry to say, but its going to happen. It happens with everyone's first girlfriend. Not to say that its a bad thing, its just the progress of relationships and discovering yourself as a person.

>How do I know when I truly love this girl?

If there's anything I've learned as an adult its that loving someone is not always a good reason to stay together. Its possible to love someone and also just not be meant to be.

Again, this is going to be very confusing for you but its something you just learn through relationships.

Have fun with this girl, it'll be great for awhile, you'll have a lot of amazing sex and when its time to end, let it. You're not going to spend the rest of your life with this girl. You know that.

Have fun, thats all.
>>
>>16867604

Lol just chill man, you're in a good place right now. Just relax and take it one day at a time.

From what you've said, it sounds like you're really happy with everything about the way things have been going, and you just need to feel secure that it's not going to change or go away. The only way for that to happen is to give it time.

So just enjoy it, keep being real with her, and cross your fingers and hope it keeps going good. Don't stress about the "I love you" thing. Yeah it's a fucking cliche, but you'll know when you know. You'll know when you're not up at 3 am posting on 4chan about it, lol. But you're good, she's good, everything's good. Go to sleep nigga
>>
>>16867618

What he said.

Another piece of advice: Get the fuck off of 4chan and stay off. This place is poison for a healthy relationship. It's not everyone, but in general this place is fucked in its attitude on women, it's full of pessimism and paranoia from guys who have never really had a good relationship. You've gotten very good advice in this thread, but that's a rare occurrence. if you're having doubts or questions about this girl in the future, this is one of the worst places you could look for answers
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.