[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i wanna try to be normal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1454200736810.jpg (142 KB, 577x720) Image search: [Google]
1454200736810.jpg
142 KB, 577x720
ive always been the weird kid , and ive always hated my life to some extent
ill be leaving highschool soon, so that could give me the opprotunity to reinvent myself
besides working out, i plan to try and become a completely different person. So i need help on what hobbies i should do.
What are some normal, conventional hobbies that aren't considered nerdy?
>>
>>16865579

shut it down.
>>
>>16865579
you will regret it. trust me. "normal" people are boring as fuck and most dont really do anything. they are normal because they are uncultured plebs. you can still be social and confident while having obscure hobbies. you just need to find a balance, add the odd few normal interests into your life but dont complete convert. some normal hobbies are going the gym, watching tv, going on Facebook and talking shit about people and drinking. they dont do much else. being the weird kid isn't really due to your hobbies, its because you lack social skills. i have pretty obscure hobbies but i am confident and get on well with most people.
>>
doing AND watching sports
go out and drink/do drugs and dance
>>
>>16865601

a lot of this. especially true after highschool.

remember that highschool is the palce where you are forced to hang out with everyone in your fucking neighborhood and talk to them.

college is the place where you dont have to talk to anyone you dont want to, where everyones selected to go there for SOME reason, and most everyone there is at least TRYING to be a smarticle nerd.

life doesn't get 'perfect' after highschool but it certainly gets better. plus most nerd shit is mainstream these days anyway.

all my friends just play board games and video games.
>>
I have friends, I just never have qt gfs, that, and I hate being thought of as the peculiar kid.
>>
>>16865636
this is true. people in college are complete different. in high school a lot of people where dicks to me but in college most people are fine and avoid trouble. and yeah, a lot of nerd shit is becoming more mainstream. Every guy i know in college plays video games. Also in college they take bullying more seriously so you could easily get someone kicked out if they try to cause shit.
>>
What is the definition of normal? There's nothing normal, unless you mean the majority... believe me, it's better to be yourself and find true friends who respect you for who you are, than fake people who only hang out with you because you're popular or 'normal'... You're a person who is capable of setting their own standard or norm on how you want to behave. :)
>>
I'm not going to college, I'm getting a trade job.
>>
>>16865674
what trade?
>>
HVAC technician , maybe for a union
>>
>>16865696
i can't imagine you will only get "normal" people doing that trade. well, i recommend going the gym and trying to improve your confidence.
>>
I don't see why there would be weird people, at worse, a bunch of Hicks who like trucks is what I'm stuck with
>>
Like people have said before, don't focus on being normal.
Improve by working out, socializing and keeping yourself busy. This is how you improve.
>>
I hate this generic advice, I think it be better for me to try and be normal
>>
Getting caught up in others' definition of normal leads to continually changing who you are to conform to those standards. Just try new things, if you like them and they're legal, keep doing them. Have passions you enjoy and you consider productive and your life will inevitably get better.
>>
>>16865792
Dude, watching anime and social skills are not mutually exclusive. I do it. You just care too much about what people think of you.

Trying to be "normal" is probably the lamest goal on the planet. You'll just be another forgotten face of this desolate rock.
>>
>>16865851

so much htis. how will forcing yourself to do things you dont like make you happy? there arent any 'real' bullies in college. and unless you were getting 'beat up' in highschool you shouldnt worry about those either.

jsut do waht you want, and go to the clubs with people who do the same things. all colleges have em. and their filled with any sort of weird nerd shit you can imagine.
>>
>>16865851
>
>>16865866
i have friends, i just feel like i have a lot of negative things associate with nerd shit. i think if i abounded them and tried to be a more common guy, i could maybe achieve a more conventional happiness.
>>
>>16865951
*abandoned them
>>
>>16865951
Why do you have negative feelings associated with them?
>>
>>16865579
Get into cars and movies.
Btw i hope you dont have a disability. The ride never ends if you do.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.