[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe in reviving friendship after you ended it because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 94038.jpg (54 KB, 590x701) Image search: [Google]
94038.jpg
54 KB, 590x701
Do you believe in reviving friendship after you ended it because of fight, or your and your friend's ways diverged?

If so, how would you go about it?

Or do you think it's poitless and one should let it go?
>>
nigga I am not a mind-reader. Either tell your story or fuck off. There are situations where it'd be pointless, and there are other situations where you fought over something dumb and it'd be really easy to patch it up. I have no idea what happened between you and your friend, and therefore no idea how to help you or give you advice

I don't understand what you're thinking when you make a thread like this
>>
>>16864909
came here to say pretty much exactly this
>>
File: p039wyvs.jpg (46 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p039wyvs.jpg
46 KB, 480x720
>>16864909
I know I typed it like a stupid nignog so here's the stroy
>been friends with this one guy for 3 years
>pretty close
>I know he struggles with depression and such
>hes being a dick to me sometimes basically pissing me off and giving cold shoulders
>we have a pattern when i call him out, we fight and then make up
>tried to end friendship few times cause i don't need shady guy like that in my life
>we end up reuniting all yadda yadda again

so we had this fight last december and i told him its over and now i'm having second thoughts because i feel guilty. but then i don't know if i want to reconnect (and how???) becuase its possible soon our ways will diverge due to him leaving to study in other city and me going abroad. So yeah, i need some guidance.
>>
>>16864923

well, honest question, man: Do you want to reconnect because you actually want to spend time with him again, or just because you feel guilty about the way you left things? I'm not judging you either way, either one is a valid answer. But if it's the second one, it's better if you just leave it alone.

The truth is, sometimes you have to cut people out of your life if they're consistently treating you like shit or fucking things up for you, despite being confronted about it. And most people have some REASON they turn out that way, so if you get to know them well enough, you kind of sympathize with them and feel bad for them even as they're making you angry. And so there's always regret and bad feelings for you when you finally have to say "enough is enough" and leave them behind.

If you rekindle the friendship, and he hasn't changed, it'll eventually have to come to the same conclusion it did the first time. But that's just life sometimes. It doesn't mean he doesn't have good qualities or you didn't have good times, but you just can't let people hold you back or treat you like shit
>>
>>16864923
>i don't need shady guy like that in my life
should tell you everything you need to know
>>
File: 9834.jpg (10 KB, 236x330) Image search: [Google]
9834.jpg
10 KB, 236x330
>>16864942
well i enjoyed being friends with him immensely and mainly miss general aspects of any friendship like haging out and talking and joking together. but i also feel guilty cause i kinda attacked him ((granted he was an asshole but still so were i)

>>16864948
yeah but frankly most people i come across are shady one way or another. i feel like sometimes you have to get over the fact that someone is an ass and kinda accept it and just enjoy good things about a person.
>>
>>16864966

If you said stuff you regret, just send him a Facebook message or something to apologize and smooth things over. Tie up a loose end. Maybe you'll start talking and get to be friends again, or maybe you'll go your separate ways, but you won't have to walk around feeling weird about it anymore.
>>
>>16864966
Get a hold of your emotions and ask him if he's alright, but don't be there just so he can vent onto you to feel better about himself.
>>
>>16865015
>>16865081
Fair enough. I guess i'll get drunk and just do that
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.