[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you find out what you actually want to do with your life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: just let me lay down and die.png (160 KB, 467x170) Image search: [Google]
just let me lay down and die.png
160 KB, 467x170
How do you find out what you actually want to do with your life?

I'm currently studying a STEM field but I started to hate it and realized that I have no passion for it, after pursuing that field of education for the last 5 years.
Long story short, I didn't study anything for the entire year which will probably lead to me failing every upcoming test and getting expelled as a result.

How do you find something that you are truly passionate about?
>>
Experiment with things,go out and do stuff you normally wouldn't,try to figure out what you really want I'm life,by forgeging about things such as money and family and pressure from others
>>
"Passion" is a lie. Unless you're an animal freak or some other weird shit, your job will not be your passion.

You get the best job you can, for the highest pay, most comfort, and relatively good/not boring conditions, then you spend the rest of your time on your hobbies, skills, ect. That's where your passions are. Maybe you'll eventually be good enough to make money off it, but until then, focus on what I said.

Get off your ass and start studying so you don't waste the money you already spent. It's not that hard. If you don't work hard here you won't work hard anywhere else including in your "passion".
>>
What are you interested in learning more about?
>>
*forgetting* (stupid fucking samsung)
>>
>>16863587
yes you are probably right, throwing it away now would probably not worth it. Probably wouldn't feel so shitty about it in the first place if I had anything to compensate with.

>>16863588
I wish I knew that anon, there's really nothing I really enjoy these days.
It's all rather dull and if I actually find something that I might end up enjoying there's always that voice in my head which tells me how stupid that certain something is or how I would suck at in and I always end up not pursuing it.
For example I picked up an instrument 2 years ago and still sound like shit because I feel stupid even attempting it, those never even practice.

I know it's fucking retarded but that's pretty much how it is with everything I try to pick up.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.