[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job Pressure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: CooperManning[1].jpg (7 KB, 200x166) Image search: [Google]
CooperManning[1].jpg
7 KB, 200x166
I got a new job and there's a lot of expectations. I'm making a lot more money than I ever have but I'm also a very young employee coming into a veteran group. I'm aware of the generation differences and how people might perceive someone my age, since people don't like millenials very much.

Ultimately in previous jobs I've been a hard worker and I usually succeed but it can take a couple of months to be useful and I want to look good now. I feel like my best option is to shut the fuck up, take notes, ask questions, and to ask to take on tasks they don't want to do while I learn the process. Is this a good strategy?

Job anxiety general?
>>
Sounds good to me.

I recently started a job that was completely new at the organization I worked at and it's been pretty stressful so I somewhat understand what you're feeling. Mostly I just try to make sure I'm using my time well and ask questions as much as possible.
>>
>>16863297

>since people dont like millenials

this isnt a thing. there are always the assholes who will complain about the differences in generation, but no one just 'hates millenials'. thats not a thing.

all that being said, you can use this as a chance to kick up some mentorship. your plan isnt bad but try not to become the bitch. remember that asking questions may seem like you're really invested, it could also make it seem like you dont know what you're doing. just try to do every job right the first time, dont cut corners, and you'l lget where you need to
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.