[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I freaking out over nothing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: ernie.jpg (27 KB, 512x389) Image search: [Google]
ernie.jpg
27 KB, 512x389
Hey /adv/, my fiancee and I have been together for a year, and we've known each other for 4. I know her and trust her very much, but there's one thing that makes me really uneasy. She likes to sleep really close with her friend, and she told me sometimes they even cuddle together. My girlfriend is bisexual, and her friend she cuddles with is straight. I know her friend too, and her friend has a husband who she loves, but I just can't help but be uncomfortable about it. Am I wrong for this? Am I just being overly paranoid? I don't care that my fiancee is bisexual, but just knowing that she is makes me uneasy with this. In spite of this, she has never given me any even slight reason to not trust her, and has always been honest and open with me, even telling me that they cuddle together when she could have easily hid that from me. Any help is appreciated.
>>
If she's so open and honest, why don't you talk to her? If she can't make you feel better about this situation and your relationship then why would you want to marry her?
You say you trust her, but you really don't. You don't trust her or her friend. Why are they even sleeping together? That's just weird. I like women, but I would never dream of cuddling any other person besides my husband. I don't see what she's doing as respectful towards you.
You need to talk to her about uncomfortable it makes you feel. If she's nonchalant about it or gets defensive then that's when you really need to think aboit whether you really want to marry that girl.
>>
>>16861799
>I would never dream of cuddling any other person besides my husband. I don't see what she's doing as respectful towards you.

That's because you're a moron placing your relationship in for his. In OP's relationship, he says that his gf explicitly told him that she was doing this and received permission that he is now unsure whether he wants to walk back. That's was the correct and respectful way by her to do shit like this, so don't mislead OP about his gf's actions.

>>16861434
>Am I being overly paranoid?

Paranoia is irrational fear, so is this fear rational? What exactly are you afraid of happening here? She's going to sleep with her straight bff? That she's going to leave you for her straight bff who has a husband? That she's going to decide that she's fully lesbian?

I don't think any of these things are particularly rational possibilities here, but you have to understand that in a relationship there is an ever-present risk that your partner will leave you, and if you want to obsessively imagine the possible avenues for that occurring, you're going to create mistrust and a toxic atmosphere. (This is why insecurity is so horrible on relationships)
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.