[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to work in a research lab in the future, but the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: biogel-surgical-gloves.jpg (12 KB, 293x219) Image search: [Google]
biogel-surgical-gloves.jpg
12 KB, 293x219
I really want to work in a research lab in the future, but the rubber squeaking sound is driving me nuts. It doesn't help that latex gloves need to be worn and the lab I am interning use a lot of squeaking Styrofoam incl tube holders.

Wat do /adv/?
>>
Yeah, the rubber gloves and clothes can be really off-putting at first, but you get used to it. I'd the hospital's sterile environment is even worse.

Anyway, this is what you want to do, right? So, bear with it. It won't last forever, unless you have a phobia or something.
>>
>>16861412

No, it's not like a phobia. (maybe it is?) The sound while it bothers no one, it sounded like nail on chalkboard to me literally. I mean hair raised and instinctive avoidance and the whole nine yard.
I remember one time a lab mate was sitting next to me in the hood and couldn't for the life of her twist open a tight tube in a Styrofoam holder. Of course it produced that squeaking hellish sound and I had to put down my experiment and exit with cold sweat.

I thought I could overcome it by immersion would help, but 3 months in and still stays about the same..
>>
>>16861464

Ew, that's pretty gross, OP. I hate that sound, too.
Also some types of marker on stuff like cardboard or rough paper, makes my skin crawl. Some sponges, as well.

I don't think there's much you can do. Maybe, it's one of those things where you got to immerse yourself into it over and over until it becomes white noise, you know?
>>
>>16861497
I know right? I don't have much problem with sponge, atleast didn't encounter any that made me uncomfortable so far.

Kids birthday with rubber balloon however is a Hugh cringe fest! Kids everywhere is playing with their balloons and rub it everywhere. The clown that make Ballon animals is the worst. Couldn't bear it for long until I have to find some fresh air

Guess rubber rubs me the wrong way =D
>>
>>16861549

>Guess rubber rubs me the wrong way
Lol, that's a cute way to say it.

But, yeah. Lot's of rubber in hospitals. Rubber gloves, elastics, clothes, tubes... lots of tubes.
>>
>>16861561
Glad I am not the only one that got unreasonably anxious with rubber sound.

But is there an effective method to cope with this /adv/?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.