[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I've had bad acne since 13 (18 now) and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: CGqmqKTWoAEZbC_.jpg (42 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
CGqmqKTWoAEZbC_.jpg
42 KB, 600x400
Okay, I've had bad acne since 13 (18 now) and it's just such a pain in the ass to deal with. It seems like I get a new one every week. My diet is healthy, I get plenty sleep. and I hardly have stress. I haven't been touching my face or picking/popping the pimples, but they're just not going away. I had made an appointment with a derm, and they gave me epiduo. Turns out, that made it 3x worse. I then try proactive which was the biggest mistake of my life, because now I have small cysts on my jawline.
What can I do? I'm male, so makeup and such is out of the picture. I'm strongly considering Accutane, but the thing is my face isn't completely full of cysts, so will it still work properly?
>>
Do you still live at home or at a university?
>>
I had lots of acne in my face in my teenage years.

Now i'm 21 and having acne on my face is very rare, I still get lots of them on my back/shoulders though.

Maybe it's a matter of time.
>>
File: b&a.jpg (211 KB, 1600x447) Image search: [Google]
b&a.jpg
211 KB, 1600x447
>>16859163

pic related is me. hwo you ask?

>tretinoin in the morning (prescription)
>salicylic acne wash in the shower
>moisturizer after shower (and as needed)
>erythromicin at night (prescription)

tretinoin is a cream that kidna makes your skin peel. kills acne, often stops it from growing.

salicylic acne wash you can get at any store, i get mine at riteaid, grapefruit looking kind. just gets the oils out of your face.

moisturizer speaks for itself, apply whenever skin is dry.

erythromicin is a gel, apply right before bed. its anti biotics applied directly to the face. good stuff.

its what made pic related possible hwoever id still get one or two here and there. i have since started accutane, and i look like the 'after' pick 24/7 right now. its only been one month though. hopefully 5 months will kill it all
>>
>>16859193
university. very hard to hangout with friends and the my lack of confidence is making me miserable

>>16859206
Did you do anything? Scars?
>>
>>16859219
Thanks, man. Did you have a "purge" stage while under those?
>>
>>16859224

I stopped touching my face and using all products. But I think it was just the time for them to go away, not because I did something different.

On my face I don't have scars, but I do have lots on my shoulder and back area. They are there because I usually squeeze/scratch them.
>>
>>16859233

purge?
>>
>I get a new one every week
>bad acne
>>
>>16859239

as in a huge sudden clearing of your acne? Or did you have a lot more than what you started with and had it get better?
>>
>>16859241
it is. Cysts are all on my chin, one on cheek, scars all along my face. It's gross, and sometimes the new one becomes another cyst despite my diet and me not touching my face
>>
>>16859251
That's not bad acne you wanker, that's just the usual teenage shit.
>>
>>16859247

with the creams/ gels i was acne free within a week.

with accutane i had to stop those so i had a bit of a burst in acne while the accutane starte to take effect. but 1 month in my face is clear as could be.
>>
>>16859265
Thanks, i'll try to get my hands on those products. Any symptoms that you felt while on them? Sorry for so many questions, just curious. If it cleared you up in only a week I need to try it
>>
>>16859280

if you have 'cysts' or anything worse than in my picture, you might need to wait a little longer. but be dilligent, be careful, and use them regularly and you'll be fine. maybe use both in the morning and at night to start, and ween down to one in the morning and one at night towards the end

major side effects are just dry/peeling skin. moisturize as needed. use a moisturizer that has no smells, or 'noncondemogenic' or whatever. smells clog pores. acne ensues.
>>
>>16859219
Tretinoin is a good thing to use. The only thing is its kind of expensive. 30$ for a smallish tube
>>
>>16859303

that tube lasts me more than a month. so less than a dollar a day. depends on your definition of expensivei suppose.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.