[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is 'success'? What constitutes a 'good' life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 305x165) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 305x165
What is 'success'?
What constitutes a 'good' life?
>>
That's up to you. It seriously is
>>
>>16858873
Spoilers they don't exist.

What really exists is personal satisfaction. Are you not satisfied? Do you face any hardships or looming threats?

If no, congratties, you're successful and have a good life.

If you really want a yardstick to measure yourself against other people, you insecure fuck, the phrase 'doing better than most, but maybe not as well as some' should be it.
>>
>>16858873

generally speaking if someone asks us 'how do i be successful?" we say 'define success'.

because its subjective. every single person will have a different view of it. there are assholes who act like gods and think their way is the only way. there are people who live in a modest home and consider it a successful life cuz they have enough time to play soccer with their kids on the weekend.

but the most basic almost universal definition is
>make a goal
>succeed at goal
>that is success

as far as 'good' life. whats good to you? this ones a no brainer.
>>
File: 1431153792814.jpg (311 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431153792814.jpg
311 KB, 1280x720
>>16858873
>What constitutes a 'good' life?

A life filled with happy memories. I could literally die right now and be totally ok with it because I can look at my life and say "Wow, I had a really fantastic family and met some pretty fucking awesome people, I stayed true to who I was and I am proud of the person I am."

I feel that's really the most important things you can have in this life, are happy memories. Old photos always choke me up

What is 'success'?
Achieving your goals, whatever they may be.
>>
>>16858873
To further the process of the human race. And to pass on your genes of course.
>>
>>16858873

I would say it's giving more than you take, along with some self-actualization thrown in for good measure.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.