[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maybe this situation is common, but here I go. 3 years ago I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 267531-lady-sitting.jpg (90 KB, 350x232) Image search: [Google]
267531-lady-sitting.jpg
90 KB, 350x232
Maybe this situation is common, but here I go.

3 years ago I made a few friends at some place, one of which is this girl. We always used to hang out, I find her pretty funny, has a good sense of humor and she's a real good listener. You could say she's a pretty good buddy. But that's about it. Let's say that I just want to be friends with her. I make it abundantly clear to her and any of our mutual friends.

She always seems pretty agreeable on the subject, acts as if people are just spouting nonsense. Truth is one of her friends who happens to be really bad at hiding secrets has shown me a few conversations in which she thinks otherwise. Not long after I knew the truth about her being attracted to me, she had to leave the city for about a year or so.

She came back here again, we're hanging out like before and it's getting kinda tiring, more people suspect that we might be together, her sister is starting to act like a bitch because she thinks I'm going to be dicking her at some point and some other friend had to pretty much ask me for permission to try to start something with her. No matter how much I try, people still get the impression that we're going to end up together, and I'm not attracted to her. Of course, due to the fact that I'm more open to her than most other people, she's always saying "that must be because you're attracted to me somehow".

tl;dr girl seems to want me but I want friendship, weird as that might be. Everyone fucking disagrees with that situation, I don't want to be an asshat and I don't want to be dishonest. What do?
>>
Be honest.

Literally straight up draw the line. That's the beginning and end of it. Be sensitive to her feelings, but be foreword.
>>
Looks like teenage drama, how old are you?
>>
>>16858683
The problem is that I already tried that.

Told her several times that I didn't find her attractive, that I was more into other girls. Told most people too, including her sister.

Not only that, I kinda went a bit rough with it. I told her about most flaws that I find in her that keep me from being attracted to her. Always as calm and rational as possible, and always feeling like shit because I still worry about how she feels. She's much more successful at finding other guys than I will ever be looking for any girl and some of her exes have either threatened me or acted as if I was stealing her from them. Now this shit has to stop.

So I can only think of two things: Be an actual asshole, tell her to fuck off with the potential of having many people turn against me, or start a fake relationship with no substance. I would love to have another 4th hidden option there.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.