[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Freaking out over age difference
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
I'm 25 and she's 19. Shouldn't be a problem, right? Why, then, do I feel anxious, disappointed, and vaguely creepy about it?

I've never had a girlfriend or been on a real date before. She seems head over heels for me. When I met her I thought she was around 22 or 23, but she's 19. Half-my-age plus 7 says it's just barely fine. But I don't feel fine. I'm worried that we won't have anything in common.

How do I calm myself down enough to not act weird during my date tonight?
>>
I'd expect it to be more likely than not that it SHOULD be a problem. It's not so much about having stuff in common--I've dated people from so many walks of life--but that your life experiences are significantly different. She doesn't go through what you do on a day-to-day basis. It makes it hard to relate to someone like that. It's a breeding ground for insecurity and jealousy. I don't worry as much about "stuff in common" as I do "life in common." A lot of compatibility in a relationship comes from being with someone who gets you. How is she going to "get" the life of a 25 year old? How are you going to "get" the life of a college girl when you're a few years removed from that setting and it's always a changing environment?

There's nothing to be nervous about regarding the date. None of what I said has any bearing on that. You'll have a wonderful date, no problem. My concern is about your expectations for this going into the future. Every step beyond dating is probably a step downhill.
>>
As long as she's over 18, who gives a fuck? I respect guys with younger girlfriends, young girlfriends are the shit.

They look up to you, worship your cock, and are easy to please.

My gf is my age and she's great (22), but I've had teenage pussy in the past and it's a whole 'nother ball game.
>>
My bf's 21, i'm 27. I was kind of shocked when i met him and i found out his age... I genuinely thoufht he was my age.
However, i think it's very important to keep communication open. In every relationship, but in age-gap ones even more so. Especially regarding expectations, how you spend time together, values, future, and so on. We are in rather different parts of our lifes. I'm going towards 30, he's just out of bein a teen. There is some compromising that needs to be done, for sure. But so far we manage that pretty awesomely. He's studying abroud and has ample ipportunity to party with friends, so when we meet we have the urge to just stay at home and spend some quality time. I know he want's to have a family one day, and so do i. But i respect that he might take his time to get to the point where he feels ready whilst i might get there sooner. But those are decisions and talks i leave to the future for now. We just love to spend time together. No need to overshadow tht with possible obstacles in the future that might turn out to not even matter.
>>
When i was 17 i moved in with my bf who was 24 at that time. We lived together for 3 years, then we split up because he started to be very into nazi stuff and at some point it was too much for me. The age wasn't the problem at all
>>
>>16858112
This.

Age is but a number, what truly matters are your goals, prospects, mentality, and values.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.