[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to be a comedian/actor ect. I just want entertain people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: david-bowie-fame-322504058.jpg (62 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
david-bowie-fame-322504058.jpg
62 KB, 610x610
I want to be a comedian/actor ect.
I just want entertain people and i have been wanting to do this since i was 15 and i'm 18 now.
Over the years the people who know me really well always say i'm gonna be famous and they're not just being nice they're dead serious.
They say i'm really funny and creative.
A few days ago i met with my favorite teacher from 5th grade that iv'e not seen her since i was around 13-14 so she didn't know i wanted to be a comedian yet.
I talked to her about it for awhile and she (just like everyone else) said i would be big. I don't know how to feel about this.
I don't get what some people see in me that makes them think this way.
Does anyone else on here get told a lot that there special and don't get why?
>>
Literally everyone gets told this you fucking idiot.
You're not special. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>16856585

Most people try to be supportive of young people when they show some potential for future success. They're trying to help you get the courage it'll take to face a world that doesn't give a shit about you. Don't worry, you'll get more than a lifetime's worth of negative feedback if you try to be a comedian or actor, so accept their support while you have it.
>>
>>16856585
if you fancy yourself the next big thing...

start at the bottom, like adam sandler, eddie murphy, chris rock and richard pryor did. write some jokes at least 5 minutes of material that you think is funny and find a comedy store when they are doing a open mike night.

>break into comedy and make tens of dollars

no its not a easy career to get into, as long nights while holding down a real job in between. no comedy gigs dont pay as well as you would think they do. even if every cunt thinks you funny. you also need to know how to deal with hecklers by thinking on your feet.
>>
>>16856623

This.

Enjoy it while it lasts because once you're out in the world it won't be rosy and hopeful anymore. You have to create that hope for yourself. You'll be working minimum wage jobs you hate and everyone, including your parents and old teachers will be telling you to reconsider. Others will flat out tell you to quit and get over your delusions of grandeur.

Its up to you whether you press through that and its not a guaranteed success. Quite the opposite. Almost everyone that has a go at it fails; Hollywood is a short list.

Also consider that you're young and its only been a few years. That seems a lot now and may be dedication to your mind, but you really don't know the half of it and you will likely discover other passions and interests. You might decide you like it as a hobby and not a career.

Good luck mate
>>
>>16856630
If you don't want a decade long grind, better to go youtube imo
>>
>>16856585
>David Bowie is still dead
Fuck
>>
>>16856585
>Over the years the people who know me really well always say i'm gonna be famous
>they're not just being nice they're dead serious.

Ok, here's a little thought experiment for you. How many times have you heard a chid say they want to be a pro footballer? Now compare that to the number of times you've heard an adult reply "they wouldn't even let you on the pitch 'cos you'd just eat the ball you fat fuck"? When a kid says he wants to be a scientist, no adult is going to point out that the child can't even spell her own name. When a kid talks about their aspirations, you'll never hear an adult - especially a teacher - turn round and say "you should probably aim a bit lower, otherwise you'll just be disappointed when you end up working 20 hours a week at burger king".
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.