[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just realized most of my "friends" in college are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 4191896-7649160327-rain-.jpg (105 KB, 570x319) Image search: [Google]
4191896-7649160327-rain-.jpg
105 KB, 570x319
I just realized most of my "friends" in college are false as fuck. I'm constantly making the first move to get us to do something and even then they flake out more often than not.

Last night I was feeling down and only 3 people out of the 20 or so present talked to me. Even then only one of them, who I know less well than most of the rest, was consoling.

Try to have a conversation and they're in their phone. Try to go out and they want to stay in and play videogames. Set something up and when the time comes to do it, they've set up something else with other people (this is the one that pisses me off the most).

I have better relationships with people I knew in highschool. I have better interactions with acquaintances from class for Christ's sake. This isn't what college adult life supposed to be, right? Am I the actual bad friend here? Does nobody want to do anything because I'm a shitty person? I feel like I'm the drifting "friend" among groups of friends.
>>
Just bad luck. Be yourself, and if you really must, be your best self. Ultimately, it's luck.
>>
When you are in late 20s you will have like 3 close friends. Kill the leeches now. Accept nothingness. Start meditating. Seriously there is no future benefit to things like "parties". Fucking master something. Degenerate souls are going nowhere in life. Rise above the degenerates and find real people. If they start shit because you stop hnging out with them who cares. Nobody cares about your feelings so fuck their feelings. Get revenge faggot.
>>
I feel you. I am the drifting one. I've been in various groups during my 4 years and got maybe one or two actual friends that i still see. Among all of my friends from high school only one is still close to me.

Truth is : those people you hang with are not friends. They're acquaintances. They do not care about you and only the few you're actually close to are actual friends.

You don't need them, and trying to figure out what you did wrong or w/e is only going to hurt you. I have my fill of human interactions by attending student parties now. Parties full of people who don't know each other. No one from my school, or friend of my "friend". No one I'd expect any future interaction with. It's actually great, there's no pressure or expectation, and the people who you really hit it off with and start seeing more could turn out to be real friends.
>>
guess what, college is a popularity contest and your "friends" are only there if you are cool enough
>>
>>16855042
Alright man. I'm a typically upbeat and chill guy, but this mood has me in the pits lately. I can't shake it.

Call me a douche for being in one, but I honestly can't remember why I joined a fraternity. Most of my "brothers" are male versions of sorority girls: cliquey and bitchy. It sucks.

>>16855046
Not a bad idea. Why waste my time on people that don't care, right?

>>16855083
Damn anon. That speaks volumes to me.

You're right though. Deep down I know I have 2 good friends, 2 brothers that I was childhood friends with. We're still friends today. Sadly we only see each other during vacations.

>>16855088
Highschool 2.0, except everyone liked me in highschool because I was a helpful and funny person. I don't know what went wrong after that.
>>
>>16855046
Parties are great if something interesting happens. Then you have interesting stories to tell, and can be an entertaining story teller at any point in life. However I agree it does not give much benefits long term other then that.
>>
>>16855013
People in high school werent as socially or mentally exhausted because they literally have no responsibilities besides go to school and not fail.

Now everyone is adult, and employment, studies, bills, society, future, all wear people out.
>>
>>16855013
Damn OP, I can relate to you a lot. Also was the funny guy in high school and now second year of college. Only two people I can sort off make plans with, the rest are shallow and dodgy af. Call me a whiny bitch, but I expected more from young adults in college.
>>
>>16855013
never blame others for how they behave with you.
every single relationship in this world is based on how one benefits from the other.
if people don't give you their attention, it's because they don't see how they would benefit from it.
and this could mean you're boring, you're not socially skilled, or you're ugly, poor, or whatever.
>>
>>16855013
Kinda late learning your place in the social ladder.

I realized mine at secondary school and just got off. Keep myself to myself, kinda lonely here but at least I don't stabbed in the back like OP.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.