[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here have or had an occupational therapist? Did it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 20150803_120331.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150803_120331.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Does anyone here have or had an occupational therapist? Did it help?

tl;dr: my life now
24, live at home with parents
Finished university with a meme political science degree my goal was to go to law school. I had epilepsy since I was 17, had seizures almost every day, took 5 years to finish university, work at my dad's office doing meme work for 2 years
Had brain surgery last summer which cured my seizures. I'm still not 100p recovered and my 'working memory' is still recovering which takes over a year.
I'm very frustrated now because I feel healthy physically but my brain hasn't healed yet, and I'm losing confidence studying for the law school admissions test, getting anxious because I just want to be healed
If I don't do well on the LSAT I have no idea what I'll do in my future
I feel like I've had such a handy cap against my peers, all my friends from school are in law school, med school, engineering interns and I'm stuck at home working for dad
Is an occupational therapist a good idea for someone like me?
Pic related
>>
you are fine, its hard for all of us to tame our brain and make good use of it. there are always obstacles and one must not let them stop him.
>>
>>16852982
You know you can wait until you feel alright to take the tests, right? Though if you think handicap is spelt 'handy cap', I really don't think you're cut out for law school
>>
>>16852982
It may help. Mind you I have no idea what an occupational therapist can do.

I think you stressing out will ultimately make the healing process more difficult. Perhaps try not considering this a serious handicap, as it will heal in time. For now stack the dough and see if you can pass the LSAT. If not reapply, or weight out other options/career paths.

You have your limits with the completion of your operation. Try to work with them instead of looking at it as some sort of crippling hindrance to all your goals and efforts.

Beside this I can't offer any advice. I hope all turns out well for you.
Who knows? Maybe in the future you'll write a book about your experiences.
>>
>>16852982
Just relax for a while and take it easy. Wait until you have recovered and then go to school.
>>
>>16853567
i have to agree with this person.. Relax heal up and then go to school..
>>
>>16853567
But it's a whole other year. Nobody here has any experience with an occupational therapist?
>>
>>16853532
>For now stack the dough and see if you can pass the LSAT. If not reapply, or weight out other options/career paths.
This is what an occupational therapist helps people with
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.