[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2
File: 1345606456713.gif (16 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1345606456713.gif
16 KB, 633x758
Need a bit of input here

Doing outpatient mental health program, its mandatory. Severe anxiety, had an inpatient stay, now outpatient daily for eight hours a day. Wellbutrin XL 300mg in the morning.

I've been doing Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, some other workshops while there, and noticed my stuck thinking. I was always trying to achieve because I could never manage my anxiety well enough to succeed or make friends or just live.

I took a lot of things personally over the years, some rightfully so, some not so. I'm 19, 25K in debt because dropped Uni twice (they thought I was bipolar, two years of in and out of psych wards), currently in this program, and not sure what to do with my life. When I look back at my prosthesis "research" if you can even call it that, what was I doing it for? Money? Attention? Fame? For the image? I feel...

So lonely.

So what now?
>>
>>16852210

And I noticed how I embarrassingly spilled my guts to a few people over the years due to a lack of social skills and lack of support structure. I was lucky to have a roof over my head and food, but never had the other stuff as I grew, not to say my parents didn't try what they thought was best. I was meant to go to Uni and be successful, not be a nut case. So here I am.

What the fuck do I do with my life? I'm worried the therapy and meds wont work in the end, that I'll isolate myself again (its MUCH easier for me this way) but a part of me wants to go on, fight this, because it seems theres hope for a fulfilling life. That I won't have to use my research as a means of self validation and meaning, and that I could have close friends and other enjoyable dreams. Guess I'm scared? Don't know anymore.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.