[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been with the same girl since highschool, never loved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1456259232639.jpg (55 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1456259232639.jpg
55 KB, 640x960
I've been with the same girl since highschool, never loved or had sex with anyone else. However, the wonder of what another persons sex feels like somehow creeps into my mind sometimes. I never want to hurt her or lose her, but don't know what to do about these feelings or if I should just ignpre them. Any advice, opinions, or perspectives are welcome.
>>
i think that's a fairly normal though/impulse/whatever for people that have been in relationships for a long time. maybe i'm wrong, but i've had feelings like this when i was dating someone and i know other people that have too. i think what's most important is that you recognize it's just another intrusive thought/feeling... and nothing more. what makes you human is that you have the ability to process it and reject it as something you'd rather not do. i think you're already on the right track, since you realize acting on them would hurt your girlfriend.
in terms of a real solution, just keep rejecting them as something just intrusive. you may need to reignite a spark in your relationship to make yourself feel a little more attracted to your gf than before. try different things in the bedroom, going out to different places, etc. there are a ton of resources online and offline for ideas on how to do new things in your relationship. good luck OP.
>>
>>16851226
How often family? Are you pining for new puss like every day? That's not helpful.

If it's rare then who cares. You aren't going to act on it and it doesn't matter.

You likely settled into long term too early, nbd. Stay committed and just keep dismissing the thought and it should eventually go away.
>>
>>16851242
Shit... Thanks a lot. This is my first time on /adv/ and I didn't know it'd be so helpful. Guess I'm just used to the other boards. Thank you though, this was genuinely helpful.
>>
>>16851226

this isn't a fork in the road mate. how long have you been together? chances are you ARENT going to be together forever and you can go get your dick wet then.

dont think of this as 'i dont want to hurt her feelings'. you cant be with someone just cuz you dont want to hurt their feelings.

the question is this
>do you love your girlfriend enough to say 'i want to keep her in my life for the forseeable future!'

if yes, then stay with her. you will likely get your dick wet after the inevitable but later break up. but if you cant say that^ then break up with her
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.