[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am dead inside, living for no reason.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: f47425d85b414fd635dd0423ad3ad969.jpg (971 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
f47425d85b414fd635dd0423ad3ad969.jpg
971 KB, 2000x1500
I occasionally feel snippets of emotion, but I'm largely dead on the inside. I haven't had a girlfriend in seven years. The woman I'm in love with had disappeared from my life until I tracked her down and discovered she is engaged to another man. I have no friends. My family is dysfunctional. I can't seem to get a job. I'm dieting and living healthy, I go to therapy, and I take meds for depression and the like, but they only help a little. I thought about killing myself and almost went through with it, but didn't because it would have upset the little family I care about. I don't enjoy my hobbies. I've made the choice to keep living despite all of this. I live for no reason. Sometimes I get jealous of my family members' lives and relationships. My personality around my home is fake, so I don't worry the people I live with. I don't really know what kind of advice I'm looking for. I guess, how do you make yourself feel? I don't want to fake it anymore, but I don't know how to do it for real anymore either.
>>
>>16851005

>i am dead inside
>tfw no gf
>tfw jealous of other peoples gf

sure you listed other stuff after / inbetween, but when someone says they are sad and the first thing they talk about is romance, its pretty enlightening.

if ur biggest problem is romance (and in your head it is) than your problems arent as bad as you think.

>i live for no reason

a person isnt a reason to live, not in romance anyway. even a kid can only give you a temporary reason to live. focus on you, your life, and something you want to do. i know you dont know what yo uwant to do but nows your chance tos tart exploring. there are many options. dont pretend you've tried even 2% of them
>>
>>16851085

Well, I did have some serious girlfriend trouble, but that's only a part of it. All of these things bother me equally, regardless of the order I listed them. I guess, living for me and myself would be a good idea, if I actually cared about myself. I don't. I care about the people around me. Besides, these things are beside the biggest issue of me not really being able to feel anything. I am looking at finding out what I want to do, it's just that I'd like to be able to feel during the search, I guess.
>>
>>16851123

>regardless of the order i listed them in

you also just fixated on that in relation to other people. you're very clearly concerned about the romance aspect more than anything else.
>>
>>16851085
I think assuming that his problems aren't big if he focuses on romance is a bit uncertain. I'm in a very similar position to OP but I've been this for quite a while. You get desperate to try things you haven't tried. If he got depressed after his relationship had ended it's very easy to assume that would help. Personally I want a real career and eventually my own house. It's rather big goals but it's really the level I've come to now that I've exhausted things. I don't think I find 'meaning' but I do find that I'd like to help people. Because if they can feel good at my expense then my sacrifice is worth it. Not the most helpful idea but it gets you somewhere other than death.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.