[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: -1208894540.jpg (2 MB, 2560x2560) Image search: [Google]
-1208894540.jpg
2 MB, 2560x2560
I'm in my junior year of college. Currently a computer science major and hate it! I decided my major late so as a computer science major i have about 2-3 years left. I'm considering dropping my major, finishing my liberal arts (5 classes left for me), getting my associates degree, graduating next year and moving on out of college. What do you guys think? Is it a good idea?
>>
>>16848854
Hating on what you're studying doesn't do you any good, you'll start getting annoyed about the classes and ending up with a bad grade, set aside hating your job later on. My 2 cent would be to proceed with the latter choice.
>>
Don't let time discourage you - liberal arts degrees are one of the most common degrees they hand out just to make sure you leave college with a degree. It's barely better than nothing.

Computer science is for the most part where the jobs and future is heading. So even if it takes longer you're going to be going into a steady, reliable, better paying job.

Realizing liberal arts or whatever is a bad choice is a mature decision, even if it takes you longer.

In my introduction to programming class there is a girl with a bachelor in psychology - taking community college courses because it's another worthless degree

Stay in school and finish a STEM degree
>>
>>16849960
I'd recommend IT or business.
>>
>>16849960
Time is not the issue! Im not worried about it taking a long time, the worry is my disinterest in the subject and that causing poor grades
>>
>>16849960
>this one person I know doing this one thing means all people like her must be doing that thing
Pretty sure that's a fallacy

Also OP, get the fuck out of CS. There's no point in doing it if you don't like it. You won't make 80k+ out the gate because those jobs are reserved almost exclusively for people that enjoy CS and have an extensive portfolio of CS extracurriculars and hobby projects. If you're lucky you'll start at 40k doing some web dev or Python shit.
>>
>>16849960
Nonsense. I have my degree in psychology and I have never been without work in my field for 13 years. I will say that a lot of this degree depends on where you live and what population you want to work with.
>>
>>16851305
I am getting the fuck out! Im happy with my decision, thank you
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.