[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sister is a SJW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: pure edge.jpg (26 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
pure edge.jpg
26 KB, 467x700
My sister is now officially an IRL SJW. She is 17, but in the last year she has been getting more and more "politcal", when previously she had zero interest. The thing that changed is that she went to College (pre-University for the Americans reading this, you go to University when reach 18). She's now in her second year, and all of a sudden she's coming out with bullshit like "its 2016" and "you sound like an old person!". I've heard her you the term "pansexual". She rabidly supports allowing millions of undocumented refugees into Europe.

Now,there's nothing wrong with having opinions. But what fucking pisses me off is that she can't justify them. She's gone to college and learned nothing about logic or debate structure, they've just filled head with shit that she now mindlessly spouts. And next year she's going to a London University, the most progressive place in the world.

So, how can I reverse this? Too be honest, I doubt it possible because she doesn't actually care about right or wrong as long as the biddings of her marxist college teachers are fulfilled. How do you re-educate a SJW?
>>
If you are a guy you have no hope.
>>
>>16830576
you can't, it's called growing up and everyone whines about something. women complain that that they're paid 77 cents on the dollar for what a man makes (this has been proven false doesn't matter), black people whine about slavery (that was a while ago) and white people whine about how the world doesn't care about them (despite having a huge leg up in society)

asians are pretty chill though, but they're a different kinda weird

bottom line everyone feels wronged, nothing will change, life is awesome*
>>
It sucks, but it's life. She may realise truth at some point, but she may not. Sucks, but maybe she'll learn and grow and come out of that phase.
>>
chill because it literally doesn't affect you?
>>
You can't really man. She sounds like she's an ideologue and if she's going to London, she'll really be in an echo chamber. I was born here and so I'm naturally a leftist(my MP is Jeremy Corbyn to boot) and even I find my uni pretty disgusting.

If you want her to at least be coherent, ask her if she cares about politics. If she sys yes tell her she should surround herself with people of very different opinions to hers so she can get a more rounded and nuanced view of things.
>>
>>16830593
Pretty much my sentiments.

Some people are idiots, and sometimes those people are siblings. Cant change that.
>>
Everyone goes through that phase at one point in their life. It's like Linkin Park, but with politics. It might take a couple of years or she might have to experience those nice African gentlemen personally, but she will change.
>>
File: 1452456730836.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1452456730836.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Don't engage in political conversations. Refuse to talk about issues with her, change the subject of she brings it up.

Tell her to respect your decision not to dwell on things you'd rather not dwell on. That by forcing you to think of things you don't want to think or talk about, she is trying to mind rape you.

Barring that, ask her to provide citations and back up her statements.
>>
>>16830593

Of course it effects me, I have to sit here and grit my teeth while she's slandering our culture as racist, when we're the only culture on the planet that actually fucking isn't. What if she grows up to be an MP or something and fucks everything up?

Now, like I said, I really do not opinions. I can handle that. What I can't handle is being told to believe 2+2=5. No-one can rationalize with her because she just starts calling you racist. And I'm not even racist.
>>
>>16830687
All you can really do is call her out on her bullshit using facts and reason. When she can't substantiate her claims, and it happens way too often, something will happen. She'll either grow up and realize she's crazy or she'll delve deeper into group think.
>>
>>16830665
>>16830694
>>16830600

Yeah, I think I'll take a non-confrontational approach. I think more resistance I offer her, the more she will argue just because she doesn't want me to be right. I'll just ask for citations and evidence rather than otright tell her she's wrong. I think because this is her first political ideology, she's not going to budge because its part of her identity and she doesn't want something I believe being part of it.
>>
>>16830576
>she is 17

This is fine. Let her be and if she doesn't calm down by mid 20s then it's a problem.

Remember, the more you push the more there's resistance.
>>
>>16830576
My sister became one too OP.

I got her a Make America Great Again hat from the Trump campaign.

I haven't heard from her since Christmas
>>
>>16830576
>someone has strong political opinions at 17
>oh god they're going to be like this the rest of their life
honestly you don't sound very old yourself OP. don't you know that people are still discovering themselves in their teens and well into their 20s? give it time, and in the meantime, if you find yourself having to discuss politics with her, do your best to keep your cool. getting angry about someone else's opinions is the surest way to convince them they were right all along. in any case, at some point she will likely shift her views somewhat. or she won't. either way, there's not a lot you can do about it.

or you could just join the millions and millions of other people who limit/cut contact with their siblings due to ideological differences.
>>
>>16832062
wanted to add, in my teens and 20s I went from wanting to become a nun to becoming atheist to exploring buddhism to converting to wicca before finally settling somewhere between paganism and agnosticism in my 30s. some people go from religion to religion. some go from political ideology to political ideology. some don't change a whole lot at all, some change a lot. it's just how people are, man.
>>
>>16830687

Why don't you actually talk to her dude? I'm guessing you live in the UK, but she is young and she is passionate. You don't sound that mature yourself, like the guy above me said. If she calls you a racist don't get all emotional, it's not even that bad of a term for a lot of SJWs. It's stated like a fact most of the time rather than an insult. Everyone is considered racist, even SJWs are always trying to figure out when and where they may be racists. The whole idea is to identify what beliefs or behaviors you have that are racist, and try to stop them or at least acknowledge them if they can't be stopped for some reason. Same for people around you.

Point being, don't get so pissed. Whether you think you're racist or not, which I'm assuming you don't, if you just accept that within her framework you are racist, then you can probably have more of a conversation with her than if you keep denying it.

But it doesn't matter anyways. Just live with it, it isn't that big a deal. She is just a kid, but don't condescend to her either and don't inflate your ego on the basis that someone younger than you might have some ideas you disagree with that they are passionate about.
>>
That's what happens when people go to the indoctrination camps we call "higher education".

Y'know government intelligence agencies literally hire from universities, right?
Government intelligence also uses propoganda, which means they've got people in the media to skew social opinions.

Now, not everyone is big on lying to people en mass. So, how to they get the English or literature students, who want to do journalism, to write what they want written?
Skew their beliefs from the start of their education. That simple.

Politicians want votes from minorities too, so all of a sudden minorities get preferential treatment because they indoctrinated everyone in the media to be far-left. Public opinion gets skewed, and all of a sudden we're all bending over backwards for people who treat us like shite.

And people actually get into debt for that.
To literally be told that subjective opinions are to be treated as fact, either right or wrong. Told what they should or shouldn't believe.
>>
> She rabidly supports allowing millions of undocumented refugees into Europe.

Ask her what she thinks about the Köln sexual assaults.

Some people can't be saved. Just make the most of the world's decline. Your sister will eventually be Ahmed's cumdumpster, too. Sometimes, you just gotta accept this as life.
>>
>>16830576
I highly doubt her college teachers taught her this.

This is more of a social adquired thing. She probably got it from twitter/tmblr and friends mostly.
>>
>>16832062
Getting angry at all is fucking absurd. Expect the worst every day, all day.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.