[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do women actually like men who are confident? Or does appearance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 7eeJfRvl.jpg (57 KB, 632x640) Image search: [Google]
7eeJfRvl.jpg
57 KB, 632x640
Do women actually like men who are confident? Or does appearance matter more? Or do you just inherently have to posess both and are fucked otherwise?
>>
I'd say both. No one wants a lard who can talk and no one wants a 10 who can barely talk.
>>
>>16821620

>do women actually like men who are confident

maybe its just your unfortunate wording, but do you seriously mean to imply that theres a chance women hate confidence?

>or does appearance matter more

kinda depends on the person, not just them, but you, as well as what is going on in general and in their life etc.

>do you just herently have to posess both and are fucked otherwise
>fucked otherwise

have you looked at the world? seriously, look at it. not being coupled for some major long term relationship at least once in your life is extremely fucking rare. everyone dates, from uglies to fatties.

they just eventually get over the idea that they need to be the one uggo who scores the 10/10 model, and they settle. people settle.

life isnt about banging hot 10/10 models. even hot 10/10 models dont fixate on this. they just date in their field and thats okay.
>>
>>16821625
There was a video posted here about how if this nerd guy sub par in appearance was super confident with women and just talked about magic with a passion that he could get any women he wanted. This is clearly a hyperbole, but is the gist of this statement true?
>>
>>16821634

its hyperbolically true.
>>
My husband doesn't have amazing appearance, though I find him attractive. His confidence is absolute shit.

He is so funny, he makes me laugh all the time. Personality and charms are more important, though women are different and prefer different things. Also he is highly intelligent, it's nice to be able to discuss politics, economics and world problems with him. I feel like we are on the same level.

Personally I wouldn't want to to marry some beefcake himbo without much knowledge or wisdom.

Women generally like men that have ambitions. That can provide emotional and financial security in some form.
>>
as a former fat fuck who got fit I can safely vouch that confidence is meaningless unless you have the looks to back it up.
>>
>>16821650
This is the answer I was looking for.
>>
You say all this like confidence can't be learned.

I was shy as shit growing up, hit college and decided to change. Took over half a decade, but I'm probably one of the easiest to talk to and most confident people you'll meet. I'm exactly that way because i'm proud of the way I worked so hard to change from not even being able to order food or answer doors/phones, to not giving a fuck about dumb things like embarrassment or shame.
>>
>>16821653
Herein lies the problem. You wanted this answer.
>>
>>16821653

let me clarify a little

my personality is exactly the same, I just look better. granted, I feel better about myself cause of my fitness level but I dont really act much different.

girls are interested, before I was invisible. it makes sense though, girls are arguably more superficial than guys (they wear makeup ffs) so of course looks matter a lot.
>>
>>16821660
I wanted someone to say something that I was already pretty sure was true, so that I would *know* it to be true.
>>
>>16821669

same guy

while most girls might be superficial, I doubt they are all the same. but for me, improving my fitness has made a notable difference.
>>
>>16821669

good job. you are now tumblr. you had an opinion, looked for ONE person to agree with you despite the read of the 11 posts disagreeing, and now feel validated that all women are exactly the same because of it.

but yeah, you should try to be attractive.
>>
File: Mw6H0ZV.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mw6H0ZV.jpg
218 KB, 1920x1080
>>16821686
>you should ignore evidence and reasonable suspicion
>but you're absolutely right
>>
>>16821669
You baited for an answer, ignored all other answers and accepted the one in line with your previous beliefs.

There's a best mix path between confidence and looking good. If you have neither you get nowhere. If you are able to have incredibly much of one of the two attributes you presented you can ignore the other one. Be it looks or confidence. It's an exponential function where the winner is the one which has a bit of everything or so much of one thing that the rest doesn't matter. Fat fucks with a lot of money that aren't good looking and don't have any confidence can get women as well. Still, there is such a thing as the best mix path.

If you're asking if you can get women with only confidence the answer is yes. If you're asking if you can get women with only looks the answer is yes. If you're asking if you can get women with only money the answer is yes. If you're asking if you can get women the answer is no, even if you have all of the above, because you're a sad fuck.

>>16821688
>all dat evidence
>>
>>16821620

Seriously, you win if you look good.
I´m an apprentice and the women in my class just stick to the dumb breads cause they look good.
it doenst matter if youre a nice guy, get a sixpack and win.

Dumb hoes.
>>
>>16821697
Assuming you're that married women that posted earlier you're the only one who has disagreed with me outright.
There have been plenty of other threads that have posted the same thing about looks>confidence as a generality
>>
>>16821705
I am neither married nor a woman. I also don't consider other threads to be evidence.
>>
>>16821620

Yes, but like others have already said, you have to actually be attractive.

Also, there is a fine line between confidence and narcissism. More spergy attractive guys oftentimes don't realize this and overdo it, accidentally making themselves appear repulsive.
>>
>>16821705
>>16821707
I should also clarify that I think that looks are more important than confidence in general because it opens up for more opportunities. That said the really confident guys create their own opportunities regardless of their looks. I'm certainly not that confident.

You must've worded your opening post poorly because women like men who are confident and there is no "or" to that. They do. If you can put some looks into the calculation as well you're golden. This can also be reversed. If you have great looks and can put forward some confidence you're golden as well. That said looks typically influence your own confidence level to an extreme degree, this is often noticeable especially for women who pick up on body language meticulously.

The answer is that everything matters, there is such a thing as the best mix path and you can compensate for being lacking in one aspect.
>>
Um well...it depends on the girl to be honest? Younger girls tend to pay attention to the looks confidence etc while more mature girls pay more attention to personality etc.

in my case i mostly look for someone i can stand and that they are kinda cute and understand how to communicate, most of my friends look for the same stuff.

confidence does make people more attractive in general.
>>
>>16821734
>women like men who are confident and there is no "or" to that. They do. If you can put some looks into the calculation as well you're golden. This can also be reversed. If you have great looks and can put forward some confidence you're golden as well. That said looks typically influence your own confidence level to an extreme degree, this is often noticeable especially for women who pick up on body language meticulously.

fucking this. im a 5 or 6/10 but rather confident and i can get pussy all i want. (dont really lately because i want a marriage but thats beside the point)

quit acting like girls are you mortal enemy and blame your lack or relationships/sex on your lack of one and a little of the other
if you want girls dont act like they are creatures to be figured out. figure yourself out. you sound like a pretentious cuck.

>tl;dr STOP BEING A FAGGOT BOI
>>
>hmm
> mmh
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.