[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been in a relationship for 3 years and now I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1455072768112.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1455072768112.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
So I've been in a relationship for 3 years and now I'm about to end my senior year of highschool. My girlfriend didn't finish highschool because of financial issues but just got her GED. I love her more than my family at this point and she's my best friend. I just don't know if long distance will work. I'll be at a university and she'll be attending community college. Is college just better while single in general or should I try to save my relationship? I've never had a tougher choice in my life..
>>
>>16814434
Long distance relationship never works. Its common sense. Do what you have to do.
>>
Don't vreak up! Me and my now wife dated 2 years as a ldr without ever meeting we met on twitter and we was a ldr for 2 years like I said then we met and everything was perfect we was together for 3 years and she was in college but I wasn't i was training to be a professional Wrestler and then we went into a ldr again when I was signed by a Japanese wrestling company and so we was in ldr another year now I'm back state side and I'm signed onto a nice wrestling promotion I make around $70,000 a year and she teaches P.E making around $40,000 a year and were extremly happu and wouldnt trade what we learbed as a ldr for anything if you really love someone you dont hace to see them all the time to love them and the people whi say its better to be single in college are the ones whi have a dick in their mouth everynight or would rsther be out drinking and abusing drugs then be with a girl they love trying to forget a future with her and not be out actimg stupid to be "cool" so point of the story is to not give up just because of distance so live your dreams and be happy man! If you really care about this girl the distance won't do anything but make you love her more
>>
>>16814434
You can try but LDR are always hard, unless you're deeply in love and find it easy to be faithful and loyal to your SO.

If you believe you need to enjoy the "college experience" single then end it before it's too late and try not to whine if things don't work out as you thought. That's the risk you'll have to face.
>>
>>16814476
Kind of a nice story. What dimension you from?
>>
OP here. Fuck it, I didn't really ask my whole question and I might as well.

My girlfriend is an only child and never really had many friends. I was the only person there for her for about 2 1/2 of the years we dated. Just recently she made friends with a couple of girls that always hangout at an apartment. The only thing is there are guys there a few years older who party with them. I have asked to go to these parties but she always has an excuse and says I will be able to soon. I probably came off as controlling but I told her that if I cannot go meet them at least once I don't want her partying there.

So the day after the superbowl she told me she wants to take a break and that she still loves me and wants to be honest with me. She told me she thought one of the guys were cute (he is 25 and we are both 18) and wants to take time to see if she should stay with me. It's only been a week and she still talks to me just as much and we hangout (I was with her all of Valentine's day). I don't know what the fuck to think or do..
>>
>>16814551
Sounds like you both know it's over but neither want to pull the plug. It'll hurt, but the distance and time will help you recover.
>>
>>16814561
Is it possible to stay friends with her if she decides to break up? I mean I'm incredibly hurt but I don't want to lose her from my life.

I think I even caused this because before she met these people I told her long distance most likely wouldn't work and it devastated her. I really regret saying that.
>>
>>16814434

>LDR
>College

Nothing good is coming from this.
>>
>>16814586
Please read
>>16814551
>>16814570
>>
>>16814551

>hey op, i will try to hook up with Chad, but stick around, in case that doesn't work out, i will be back to you, love you teehee.

you probably already got cucked, dump her, at this age and college is when most girls go wild whores.
>>
>>16814570
Yeah you pretty much told her not to expect the relationship to go on. You made the cracks, she made the cracks into a break, and there really isn't a good recovery for this.Being friends will prolong the pain. It's possible years later to have a friendship (maybe, still depends on the individuals involved) but by then what's the real point? By then you've rebuilt your life without them. If you feel like you NEED the person, being friends just hurts. Seeing them happy with other people hurts Distance will just make it worse.
>>
>>16814551
Dude, just fucking bail.

As far as staying friends with her, are you cool to hear about how she's fucking some other dude? Probably not so much right now. Break things off with her completely and give it time. You can try to be friends with her after you get over the breakup.
>>
>>16814611
>>16814607
>>16814656
I agree with you guys but I have senior prom in a few weeks and two season passes to six flags with one in her name.. I mean prom I could find another date but the pass is under her name. Like this fucking sucks
>>
break up and reconnect in 5 years, that will let her ebough time to slut arround and deplete her slut bar, mayhe develop her 20s personality.
>>
>>16814434

College is shorter than you think and there are always weekends and breaks to see each other. I did the "long" distance thing (only about a 4 hour drive so not nearly as bad as cross country or international shit) without too much fuss and now that it's in the past and we're living together none of it mattered. If your only motivation in life is to be fucking something constantly then it can be a problem but if you put things in perspective it's actually a really minor problem to handle, especially since there is a known time limit involved. If you want her then make it work, don't be so weak-willed.
>>
>>16814812
>>16814551

Oh wait, didn't see this part. No, it's probably over. What you need to do is put your foot down, it's unacceptable to just put you in holding to see if she might want to be with someone else or not. This isn't a movie. Be firm in your intentions and if she can't accept that then it's over, she doesn't get to have it both ways.

The good news is you're about to transition into the easiest part of your life to meet new people so if this does end poorly it shouldn't be too difficult to meet someone new before too long.
>>
>>16814824
I really appreciate this post. Thanks.
>>
" I love her more than my family at this point and she's my best friend" htis is all kids of WRONG, and i can tell you it wont last, there is way too much pressure on the relationship, you BF/BF should NEVER be closer to you than family in your mind because they never actually will be. It sounds like you are too dependent on her and your relationship. you guys are in High School , the chances of it actually working out are slim to none so its best to be realistic. You ugys are going to colleg, you will get lonely and there is no shortage of the opposite sex. sorry guy. call it quits.
>>
>>16814986
She was way more dependent on me to be honest, I was there for her when she had no friends and her parents abused her. I kinda knew once she made friends she would forget all about me. But I think I want her now because I can't have her, I just wish I could stay her friend.
>>
>>16815025
Plus I was kinda looking forward to fucking random girls in college so I think I'd be able to stay her friend. Idk we'll see.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.