[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I cope with other people having a better 'start'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 56y7ui7652.gif (491 KB, 480x198) Image search: [Google]
56y7ui7652.gif
491 KB, 480x198
How do I cope with other people having a better 'start' than me?

As in, expensive private schools, stable family relations, constant economic backing etc.

It makes me feel extremely inadequate.
>>
>>16813114

How do you cope with all the other things in life that you can't change?
>>
Shoot them
>>
>>16813119
Find a way to change it anyways.
If it really is impossible, I find a way to compensate for it.
I cope with average schooling by reading in my spare time.
I cope with bad economic point by working on alternative income sources.
I cope with my 'build' by working out.

But there is so much I can't fix or compensate for properly. Sure, I can read a book every now and then, but the guy who went to en expensive private school sees reading a shitton as the norm, and does it without struggle.

Honestly, the way I see it as, is that f I can't change some significant part about my life, or compensate, I will just legitimately contemplate suicide.
>>
Think about all of the people that are living in absolute shithole situations.

Go read a book on WW2 or go to a hospital ward and look at children with terminal cancer.

If you compare yourself to other people and not previous versions of yourself you will never make it
>>
>>16813126

So if I am understanding you, you are jealous of people who you feel were raised to work harder than you?
>>
>>16813114
Poor fag here

You take all the anger and fustration, turn it to motivation, and apply it to something like achieving a goal that will greatly benefit you in the long run. Rags to riches has been proven. You just gotta look for the lightning because when it strikes, it never strikes at the same place twice. Make sure it strikes you and when it does, ride it.

Its out there OP, just gotta put in more effort and you have to be hungry for it that you are willing to throw your salivating self out of your comfort zone.

Im still struggling with this, OP. But I know its there.
>>
>>16813130
When you work in a competitive field though, it's no use comparing yourself to yourself.

>>16813133
I,
yeah.
Yes I am.
Huh.
Never actually put that sentence into my own mind.
Weird.
Thanks.
>>
>>16813114
i live in a poor area too. i can relate. you can still make something of yourself if you're willing to put in the effort. Even though we're poor, there are still opportunities available. you can still attend university. the main problem i have found is the bad influence advocated by the environment.
>>
>>16813114
Life is unfair, so be fair to others and you'll make it.

I didn't
>>
>>16813146

>When you work in a competitive field though, it's no use comparing yourself to yourself.

Stop moving goalposts, you were complaining about general life situation just a moment ago.

And you're wrong, you should still be comparing yourself to previous versions of you.

By your logic, you shouldn't be able to feel happy about anything because unless you're the best in the world, someone has it better than you thus invalidating your experience

If you're a beta who wants to be better than the nearest immediate majority, then you're a piece of shit who isn't going to make it because of previous reasons stated
>>
>>16813146

Yeah, I find that it helps to articulate your problem.
>>
>>16813114

What about better looks, stronger bodies, more agile bodies, better hair, different-coloured hair, better body hair, bigger tits, bigger dicks, bigger booties, prettier eyes, more intelligent, more socially gifted, musicially gifted, positive-mentality gifted, easy to get up in mornings gifted, better lips gifted, better hearing gifted?

The list goes on and on and on and on, there are so many people that are sooooo much more favored than you, that feeling inadequate is totally ridiculous.

Every person has some benefits in the grand scheme of things, some more than others.

As long as you utilize your abilities to your full extent you have the capacity to get further in life than most rich kids that have never known a minute of hardship in their lives.

And getting a richly paid job in daddie's company isn't getting further in life, that is just a continuation of sloth and wealth they already know.

I have gone from poverty, to orphanage, to hard work and education and now live a life where I am slowly establishing myself as "middle-class", owning my own apartment, not being afraid of going to bed hungry, going on vacations without feeling anxious about next month's budget, my job gives me meaning I could not even have contemplated when I was 18 and thought that life would never give me anything except the joy of the next bong-rip.

YOU are in charge of your destiny
YOU can pull yourself up
YOU can go in any direction if you truly want and put your mind to it.
>>
>>16813114
What are you prevented from achieving? Does the thing that you want to but can't achieve actually matter?

Read Emperor Marcus Aurelius' Meditations.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.