[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with being ugly? Or at least feeling ugly? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
How do you deal with being ugly? Or at least feeling ugly? It ruins my night whenever I get that thought in my head, which usually leads to obsessing over the mirror/camera for hours.

No, I will not be posting face.
>>
Post face.
>>
>>16812309

iim the kind of person who has to work to look good. honestly its more embarassing being in my 'ugly' ohase in front of friends than it is with strangers.

but for the most part i just say 'i dont need to be attractive' right now, and thats it. im on an acne treatment thats taking forever to kick in, so my face is kinda wrecked because i stopped my old treatment. been ugly for like a month. worse, the new medication dries me out a lot so my skins always peeling right off my fucking face. pretty ugly.

but for the most part i just say 'doesnt matter if im ugly right now' and get back to whatever i needed to do. its funny cuz when im pretty im REALLY fucking vain, but when im ugly i just do everything else i need to do
>>
>>16812313
lol
>>16812317
Jesus, that kinda sounds terrifying. But I'd like to reach that point where I can just accept that I don't have to look good, but something inside keeps making my thoughts irrational.
>>
>>16812330

make a sign if you have to. right now ur literally asking how to stop yourself from thinking something. nothing but willpower works.
>>
>>16812341
I don't know, I'm trying not to sound like a whiney little cunt but I've been told plenty times by others that I'm ugly. I try to make myself look unfazed by their comments, but the reality is that they affect me so much it's not even funny. I just can't see myself as a reasonably okay looking person with all this in mind.
>>
>>16812309
Surgery
I've never been happier.
I know there's a lot more to life than looks, but regardless of your personal attitude towards it- people will always treat you better if you're attractive.
It's like playing life on easy mode.

Also, happiness is valuable, and you can't put a price on that. If you feel that this is getting in the way of your happiness, fix it with money and surgery.

The other choice is to learn to love yourself despite being ugly, but this is really difficult, especially since most people don't really overcome their fear of ugliness, they just delude themselves into thinking they're pretty (like fat feminazis).
If you go with the second option, just try to put value in other things like character, intellegence, sense of humor, etc.
>>
>>16812419
Interesting. I've always been afraid that getting something fixed up will only lead to obsession over plastic surgery. Are you content with whatever surgery/surgeries you've been through? Do you see yourself getting more in the future?

On a different note, it's funny that I actually value a lot of other things over looks for other people, but for some reason I cannot do the same for me. Honestly I'd rather be in this position than to be arrogant over a trait, though.
>>
Uglyness its mostly psychological.

If a surgery helps it would probably be because you KNOW you had a surgery.

I'd suggest just being clean and well-dressed, fitness and health ARE good-looking.
>>
File: image.jpg (650 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
650 KB, 2048x2048
>>16812436
Yep! I'm so happy with it! I had rhinoplasty and septoplasty (reconstruction of nasal passages and bones). My nose wasn't funtional before and I couldn't smell, but it wasnt a huge issue. It also looked funky though, so I decided to get it fixed!

Here's a pic. It goes before, 2 days after, 5 days after, and then 9 days after.
It's been about 3 months so my nose looks even better now that the swelling has gone down more.

And no, I won't have any more surgery ever probably. I'm happy with everything else.
>>
>>16812448
Wait, I actually have similar issues with my nose (can't smell, hard time breathing). Is this something that can be fixed with surgery? Because goddamn, I want to change my nose so bad.

Also that's a nice transformation there.
>>
>>16812453
Yes. I can taste and smell things now and I can actually breathe through my nose like a normal person
It's called septoplasty, and it's covered by a lot of insurances if you can trace it back to an injury (mine was cheerleading related).
Rhinoplasty is more cosmetic, and it's to change the shape/bones of the nose.
You can avoid paying some of the more expensive costs of you can get insurance to pay for the septoplasty and then add on the rhinoplasty that you pay for.
>>
>>16812456
I'll also add that the healing process and pain levels were totally fine. I felt like I had a cold and had to stay out of public for like a week and then everything was fine.
>>
>>16812456
Snap, may have to put it off for now until I can afford both, but it's something to look forward to, at least. Thanks for the information.
>>
>>16812467
Yeah, good luck! My whole surgery only cost me 2500$ and the rest was covered by insurance, so deff try to figure out what the best option is for you personally before you decide what to do!>>16812457
>>
>>16812309
Stop giving a shit
>>
>>16812777
This desu senpai. And work out you fat bitch. It helps you to ignore that "boohoo I'm so ugly" feeling.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.